10

Jazmine immediately woke up to the sound of her alarm and rolled over on her side. She jumped up when she realized she had overslept. In a hurry, she hopped in the shower and did her morning routine. Once she was finished and dressed, she headed down to the boutique. Jazmine couldn't believe she had overslept and it usually wasn't like her to do so. She parked her car as she noticed the missed calls from her best friend and quickly went inside the building. Tyron stood at the front desk waiting on clients as the line began to form.

"I'm so sorry, Ty!" Jazmine exclaimed.

"Just get over here." Tyron panicked.

Jazmine took over the front counter and began helping out clients as Tyron began to search through orders. Some were ready and some he needed a little more time. It was chaotic, but the pair kept it under control as they took every customer one by one. Once it died down and clients began to disappear they were able to catch their breath. Jazmine threw her body along the purple sofa as Tyron slid down the wall.

"We need another body." Jazmine huffed.

"I been thinking about that." Tyron nodded.

"We can hold interviews." Jazmine said into one of the pillows.

"Well actually, what do you think about Kevin helping us out around here?" Tyron rubbed at his knees.

Jazmine sat up straight on the couch and looked at Tyron.

"Kevin who?" Jazmine questioned.

"Jaz, how many guys you know named Kevin?" Tyron sat beside her.

"I don't know." Jazmine shrugged her shoulders. "How many guys do you know named Kevin?"

Tyron gave her a straight face. Jazmine rolled her eyes and blew out a breath. She couldn't mask her feelings toward Kevin after what he did to her best friend but she knew that she loved Tyron and the least she could do was try to behave.

"I still think he should be interviewed." Jazmine says.

"Okay that's not a problem." Tyron smiled. "We can definitely inter–"

"I didn't say we." Jazmine cut him off. "Just Jazmine."

"I don't know, Jaz." Tyron shook his head.

"Oh, come on." Jazmine playfully pushed him.

"Fine, but you have to be fair, Jazmine!" Tyron tilt his head. "None of that bull."

"Who me?" Jazmine placed a hand over her chest. "Not likely."

"Yeah, whatever." Tyron rolls his eyes. "You hungry?"

"You know I'm hungry." Jazmine snapped. "I rushed here and I ain't even get a chance to eat anything."

"Come on 'cause I could eat some wings." Tyron stood up.

"Let's go then." Jazmine trailed behind him.

After Jazmine and Tyron grabbed a bite to eat, they went back to the boutique to handle a couple more things before closing up. As busy as it was they had a lot of work to do but they didn't mind taking their work home. It was prom season and that meant they were more busy than normal. Tyron and Jazmine sat in their study as they both worked on separate assignments.

"You think I could pull this thing off?" Jazmine carefully held the maroon gown against her body.

"Girl, you better be careful or you gon poke yourself in the ass with them pins." Tyron laughed.

"Shit." Jazmine said as she laid the gown down on the bench.

"And stop playing 'cause you know you would look delicious in that dress." Tyron rolls his eyes.