Numb

AHHHHHH!!! I CANT BELIEVE WE ARE AT 600 READS!!!! ITS CRAZY!!! Thanks for all the support!!

I hope you like my story (and yes I'm sorry it's another sad one about Anakin) I need more happy stories..

Anyways enjoy!

Emotions were things Jedi were never good at. They were taught to hide them, meditate on them, or flat out ignore them altogether.

But Anakin was never good at ignoring his emotions.

When the Knight first got Ahsoka, he always had his shields up tight. He didn't want her to see him faltering under the pressure of being a General,  and he didn't want her to know all of his feelings after having a heated conversation with Mace Windu.

But sometimes he let his shields down around her. When they were all alone in their quarters. Or in the Resolute snuggled up to one another   because one of them couldn't sleep. But that was different.

Back then Anakin wanted to feel something. He wanted to make Ahsoka feel loved. He wanted to know if she was hurting, or if she needed comforting.

But after awhile Anakin grew tired of dealing with his kriffing emotions.

So after Ahsoka left, he didn't want to feel anything anymore. Because what was the point? What was the point of laughing when there was no one to laugh with? What was the point of feeling sad when no one was there to comfort you?

There wasn't. There was no point in doing any of those things.

So Anakin simply stopped. He simply stopped feeling.

When he would cry he wouldn't feel sad. When he was angry he wouldn't feel mad.

Anakin wouldn't laugh with the 501st. He stopped going out to Dexs and drinking tea with Obi-Wan. He stopped playing pranks on Fives and Jesse. He stopped trying to run away from Kix.

When the medic cleaned his cuts, he wouldn't flinch. He would be in pain. But he wouldn't feel pain.

He didn't feel much of anything.

**********************

The Jedi walked along the hallway towards the command center aboard the Resolute. They had just embarked on their next mission, a mission Anakin was dreading.

Today marked the 1 month anniversary of his Padawan's trial.

That stupid kriffing trial.

Anakin sighed and pressed open the metal doors with a button, alarming all the troopers that their General was on deck. He walked towards the holotable, which was surrounded by Rex and Fives, but paid no attention to the clones standing at attention. He used to joke around about their formality whenever he entered a room.

But he didn't anymore.

"At ease men." The Knight said, still staring directly at the holotable.

Rex and Fives shifted in their feet, giving obvious glances to each other asking, "is the General okay?"

"I'm fine." Anakin stated, swiping his fingers through the different photos on the table.

"Sorry, sir." Fives said, hanging his head from guilt of being caught trying to head signal with his brother. Especially in front of a Jedi who could easily read expressions.

Rex turned off the holotable, gaining Anakin's attention. "Kix wants to see you." He said, adjusting the position of his helmet under his arm. "He wants to check up on you."