Winter Fest, more like mess.

{ Day 2: Day of Aspen Winter Fest, Black Tie Event }

The second day of the annual Aspen get-together is the day the wealthy show off and brag about their accomplishments of the year with a black tie event, teenagers are welcomed. The women spend the YEAR finding/designing their dresses for the event as it's a who wore it better article the next morning. The teenage girls were sent to the same salon unless their mom had their own personal glam. Bella jumps out of her sleep hearing a rapid knock at her door. Completely naked with her hair wildly around her head. Quickly putting on Cane's spare t-shirt, her brain not registering that Cane wasn't in the room, hurried to the door. She opens it rubbing her eyes.
"Well good morning, you're sleeping in late," Paisli says. Bella quickly makes sure Cane's shirt completely covers her. "Good morning Mrs. Stokes." "Cane didn't tell you about tonight's event?" "Umm, some black tie event." "Yeah, and you're probably the last person awake. The ladies get ready at the break of dawn." Paisli scans her. "And by the looks of your nails and whatever my son did to your hair-" Bella quickly tried to fix the bird's nest that sat on her head "you need the full day of glam". She walks in with her people to start setting up in her suite and before closing the door she mouthed 'fuck me'.

"Thank you for warning me about your mother. You're going to pay for that."

Cane chuckles at Bella's text before picking his hunting gun back up. Focus, study, and watch. The deers unknowingly walked into the open of predators waiting to shoot them down. Being as though some of these bougie white folks eat deer it's to be hunted, Cane sticks to his chicken but he has a kink for being #1 in everything. Cane has shot the most deer since he could hold a gun, nobody even coming close. They either flinch, punk out, or miss. Shooting one deer then the next one behind it, one started to run...
"Where are you going?" He mumbles before shooting that one down right as it touches the bushes. The men and their envious sons clap for Cane as he disarms and throws his gun on his back.
"Dinner is going to taste so good tonight, good eye Stokes."
"Always," Zane says.
The men walk into one of the small food cabins to conclude hunting with a lunch and some irrelevant chit-chat. Cane signaled his guys to meet him outside so they could roll up.
"I hope them niggas know I'm not eating no deer," Carter says scrolling his phone.
"They got fish and chicken, deer not bad," Mateo says.
"You nasty nigga. How's it been with Carmen?" Carter asks.
"She a vibe. Julius must be slow, Carmen got shit going for herself, and she bad as shit."
"You ain't never lied." Carter agrees lighting his blunt. Cane does the same.
"Carter, how did you deal with Caleb getting with Rose?"
"He came and spoke to me, on some real nigga shit like Julius should've. That's why I was never mad."
"I wouldn't want to kill the nigga if he would've just told me he was interested in Jade, then it looks like he's playing with my sister now chasing after Carmen. He's going to make me shoot him in his feet."
"I agree. You might want to warn Jade, that Julius isn't no good for nobody. He was being greedy."
"Don't be greedy with my fucking sister."
"The nigga gotta be going through something, he lost Carmen, got demoted to errand boy, and made a fool out of himself. It's something going on." Mateo adds. Julius has never been off his game like this before to Cane, this is a whole new Julius, so he might need to ask around just what's been personally going on with him.

Julius comes into Jade's room as she getting her hair done with a face mask on scrolling her phone. With a dozen roses in hand, she smelled them before he turned the corner. Looking at him her face falls.
"Why are you looking at me like that?"
Jade turns her phone to somebody recording him about to fight with Carmen in the lobby last night.
"Jade-" "Save it. I got my ass handed to me for the first time in my life and you're chasing after her in a lobby. My brother and my father couldn't look at me for weeks. Then school was torture being called the side bitch, the sneaky link, and you're embarrassing me more by following after her and fighting her new nigga? Julius, go fuck yourself."
"Jade look, I was drunk and I shouldn't have done that."
"Do you still love her?" "No, I don't, it was just a rush of guilty emotions Jade. I did hurt her and that was the last thing I wanted to do because I fell in love with somebody else." Jade crosses her arms. "Baby, I'm sorry. I am. I only want you. I only love you and that'll be the last time you see me say a thing to Carmen. It's done." He extended the roses towards her, her insides softened with his words as she took his roses and deep sighed. "I don't want to look like more of an idiot Julius, you're already on my brother's bad side and I don't understand why you won't just fix it." "Your brother wants to kill me, why would we care why I've just not been giving a fuck?" "Because Cane still has a heart, he's only an asshole to people that deserve it. You're his best friend, he cares about you deep down, you need to tell him what's been going on, say sorry, and let's move on."