Misguided

"Hey..." Ben says with a shy face. Without hesitation I run up to hug him. "I thought you were gone." I say on the brink of tears. I pull away from the hug to let the others get a turn. "How... how...how?" Kenji asks not able to get his words together. Before Ben could answer we hear Hap start groaning. "Oh right. We should probably deal with that." Ben says.

He grabs a vine and starts tying him up while explaining how he's alive. "Oh hey I still have your dork pouch" Kenji says only to look down and realize it's not there. "Oh yeah I snagged that from you earlier. Thanks for keeping it safe though. Ben says while putting the pouch on. "Guys focus, what exactly did the couple say." I say referring back to when he said he heard a couple conspiring with Hap. "Not much but they're definitely up to something, Hap too. I say we feed him to the Mosasaurus or the T. rex." Ben says, but doesn't notice Brooklyn looking at him like he's crazy when he mentions feeding Hap to dinosaurs. "Or you could listen to me" Hap says catching us by surprise.

"You're awake?" Brooklyn says stating the obvious. "Of course I'm awake, you think I can be taken out by a bunch of kids." Hap says. "Challenge expected." Ben says turning on the shock stick. "Put that down before you get yourself hurt" Hap responds. "Someone's going to get hurt old man and it ain't us." I say stepping up next to Ben. "Zap him Ben!" Kenji yells. "With pleasure" Ben responds. "Bring it!" Hap yells and we all lunge at each other. "Everybody chill!" Brooklyn yells getting in between us. "Your protecting this guy? Whose side are you on!" Ben asks. "I'm on the not electrocuting another human side!" Brooklyn responds. When you put it like that, it does seem a little... you know. "I don't have time for this! You kids have to trust me. I'm trying to save your lives." Hap says.

"What do you mean you're trying to save our lives?" I question. "Mitch and Tiff aren't who you think." Hap responds. "We figured that out by now." I mumble. "Ok start talking. What are they..." Brooklyn starts but gets cut off by Hap. "Are these windsor knots? Where did you learn how to tie people up?" Hap questions. "Hey we're asking the questions!" Brooklyn responds. "Yeah! Dude here has a Dino and he's not afraid to use her." Kenji adds. However that treat was soon rendered useless when bumpy starts eating grass. "I got this" Ben says and steps up to Hap.

"So you think you're tough. See this? Leech bite" Ben says trying to assert dominance. "Gator bite" Hap says while raising his arm. "Sun burn for 3 days straight." Ben counters. "Buried for a week in an avalanche." Hap says topping him. "Chased off a pack of compies!" Ben yells "Wrestlers a pack of-"  Hap starts but gets cut off by Brooklyn. "Punched a hammerhead in Hawaii!" She yells. "Jumped head first in the Mosurasa's lagoon!" I add. "See we're all impressive!" She says back at them. "I'm really wealthy." Kenji says. "All except him." I add.

"Ok how exactly is chasing us through a jungle going to save our lives? Plus we heard you tell Mitch and Toff you were going to "take care" of us." Brooklyn questions him. "I'm trying to get you all home. I'm no saint but when they said they were going to leave you all here to die... I had to do something." Hap replies. "Really?" Brooklyn says in disbelief. "Look what's important is getting you out of here." Hap says. "I still don't by it. I says let's tie him to a tree and be done with him." Ben suggests. "We have a boat at the northwest dock." Hap says. "There's a way off this island." Kenji says out loud. "You all said it was refueling!" I say slightly annoyed. "We lied." Hap says with a disappointed look. "Wow, that's totally going to help us believe you." Brooklyn says sarcastically. "Listen!" Hap yelled getting out attention. "I scouted out some kind of garage near here when we first landed. We can take a vehicle, head to the dock and prove I'm telling the truth." He says. "Please... believe me"

We all huddle up to take about it. "He's lying I can smell it." Ben says. "What" Kenji says in confusion. "If he is telling the truth that means the others are in danger." Kenji continues. "You know what keep me alive other there, city boy? My instincts!" Ben counters. "Look y'all can stand here arguing but I believe him. You not the only one with instincts Ben." I speak up. "Y'all can stay if you want but I'm going to warn the others. You coming or not?" I says to them. "Look here's what we're doing. We're going to go save our friends and we're taking him with us." Brooklyn says. "We'll majority vote wins. Let's go." I say.

"Well at least she knows how to tie a knot." Hap says. "I'm telling you he's leading us to a trap" Ben says but we ignore him. "Dude please don't let him be right about you. I can't start listening to someone who eats bugs." Kenji says causing Ben to walk off and Kenji to try and keep up with him. "You umm... you really punch a shark?" Hap asks Brooklyn. "More of a panicked punch but yeah I did." Brooklyn replies. "And you?" Hap asks referring to my claim of jumping in the lagoon. "Kid fell in. I was the only one close enough to save him. That's why the gates are higher now." I replied. "...Nice" Hap says sounding slightly impressed. "Just so we're clear Hap were not friends and k don't trust you." Brooklyn says with a stern tone. "It's cool. I wouldn't trust me either, but you can and I'll prove it." Hap says and we continue to walk in silence until we get to the garage.

Out of nowhere bumpy starts groaning. The others try to quiet him. "Wait he's trying to warn us...hide!" I say to the others. We hide behind the building just in time to hear a pack of dinosaurs. I don't dare to look and see which kind. We look for a way out and find a door. Kenji tries pulling on it but it doesn't budge. We hear the roar again causing us all to turn around. When we do the door unlocked. "It's the key." Brooklyn says out loud. We hurry into the garage and close to door behind us.

"But why does birthday guy have a key to this place." Brooklyn questions. "It's a master key." I state. "I probably unlocks everything." I add. "If you're right then it should open this door too." Brooklyn says while putting the key on a padlock. However it opens the door where the same dinosaur we were just running from are. Fun. "Brooklyn!" Kenji yells. "Shut the door" Hap continues. "How do we get out!" Ben yells. "There" I yell while pointing at what looks like a motorcycle. We run over to them but there only 2. Brooklyn takes the one with a side cart and I take the one without. Kenji gets on with Brooklyn and Hap gets in the side cart. Ben hops on bumpy and we get ready to go. "We need a distraction." Brooklyn says which causes Ben to look down at the shock stick.

We charge our while Ben lights the created on fire with the stick and hops on bumpy. It causes a huge explosion which gives us the chance to escape. Or at least we thought but now we have 3 dinosaurs trailing us. "Remember the good old days when we would only tick off one dinosaur at a time." Kenji says. "We can lose them in the grass!" I Brooklyn say and we all head for the tall grass. That idea was cut short, just like the grass. "Any other ideas." Kenji says. "Head towards the rocks! Zig zag and lose them!" I yell as we head for the rocks.

We race towards the rocks, dodging and weaving as best as we could. I was able to get out but Kenji and Brooklyn are falling behind. The next thing I know I see Hap break the tie between the cart and the motorcycle. Did he just.... He sacrificed himself...for us. As Brooklyn and Kenji catch back up with me and Ben we slow down to talk. "Look we can't change what's happened but we can fix what we do next. We saw he was telling the truth now we just need to get the others. I'm going to find the others. Y'all need to-" I start to say but get cut off by yas. "Guys! They have them. Mitch and Tiff have Sammy and Darius and now Darius is leading them to the watering hole to kill the dinosaurs." Yas says quickly. "Darius would never do that" I say in disbelief. "You right... he's leading them here." Yas says pointing to x on the map in her hands. "But isn't that where..." Brooklyn starts but trails off. "He's leading them to the T Rex"

__________________________________
So I may or may not be a little late on this update 😅 but it's ok tho because today is New Year's Eve!! The update was delayed because where I watch the episode to write them block me out so I couldn't watch anything. But I'm back now! Also I do have a question. For times like that when I can't do an actual chapter would y'all rather me just update a filler chapter like a one shot or something? Let me know pleaseeeee.