ten.

ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ

ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ

matthew didn't know how it all happened. he woke up in a sweating, his whole body covered in a layer of sheen glistening sweat. he barely managed to get out of bed, wanting to strip himself of his clothes and roam free without them, but he had a midterm and a class to get to. going to school on a scholarship didn't make it any better to excuse himself for missing one of only two exams he had for the whole class.

he finally reached the all too familiar cabinet of pills in the bathroom, opening the bottle that felt light in his hands. they were heat suppressants. much to his luck, there were only two pills left. he left the two remaining at the bottom of the pill bottle because he promised hanbin and his doctor that he would stop taking such large doses. the bottle was supposed to last him three months, but somehow its only been two months.

he popped both pills into his mouth, downing it down with a glass of water in the kitchen. he leaned against the wall, trying to calm himself down before getting himself ready to go to school. he hoped and prayed that the pills would calm down his symptoms and last until after he had taken his two hour exam.

he managed to get past his stats class. well, barely. ever since him and gunwook hung out, they've been attached by the hip in this specific class and the younger alpha was doing everything in his power to help matthew pass the class as well.

"are you sure you're okay?," gunwook asked, eyes filled with worry as he was walking matthew to the east building for his exam in an hour. he could tell the omega's scent was sweeter than usual and the boy's cheeks were red. it almost made gunwook want to pounce on him, but he couldn't possible do that.

"i'm fine, wook-ah," matthew reassured, hugging an all too familiar hoodie close to his chest. he didn't why he chose the hoodie that hardly reeked of jiwoong's scent anymore, but he did it subconsciously. he found himself laying his head on it, digging his nose to find any remaining scent that lingered on it.

"you smell really sweet," gunwook mumbled, rubbing the back of his nape as he saw the people they pass by turn around and give matthew a look as soon as they got a whiff of the smell. it was enticing, but gunwook being the good alpha he was, was not going to pounce on matthew right there and then, "are you going into heat?"

matthew froze in his tracks, turning to the side to look at gunwook, "is— is it that strong? i-i couldn't tell."

he was too immersed in his thoughts about the exam that he didn't even realize his scent might've gotten out of control. that would probably explain why he's been getting all these strange looks from the alphas, eyeing him down to nothing and making him feel submissive. he felt hotter, a wetness forming under him and wetting his boxers uncomfortably.

"it is," gunwook glared at an alpha who was checking the omega out, putting his arm around matthew's shoulders protectively, "you should go home, hyungie. it's not safe."