Chapter 5

MEL POV:

„So we're going to put you to sleep and fix the torn ligaments in your ankle. And then you will have a cast on for three or four weeks. And after that you will start physio." Doctor Torres was explaining to me what was going to happen in a few hours.

„Will I be able to play again if I want?" I asked.

She took a deep breath in: „Yes, if the physiotherapy goes well, you should be able to be back on the field somewhere in November."

My eyes almost fell out of the stock: „November? That's four months!"

„It's not that long. I bet everyone will help you, including me." She smiled softly at me.

„Can we start with the help now?" I asked.

She frowned: „Sure, what do you need?"

I smiled at her: „Could I possibly ask for chocolate pudding?" She laughed, nodded and left.

I was peacefully lying in the hospital bed as the door suddenly flew open and a stressed brown-haired girl stormed in.

„UH, this is a nightmare." The girl said as she looked at me and then at her paper.

„Do you need help?" I asked her with a chuckle.

She turned my way: „Unless you are a four-year-old boy with a broken leg no."

„Well that one part is kind of right." I said pointing at my braced ankle.

„Oh you are Bloom right?" She sat down on the sofa in the room with a heavy sigh.

„Yeah, how do you know?" I was curious.

„I am assisting with your operation today."

I sat up a bit: „Oh, okay. Good to know I guess. What's your name?"

„I'm Jo Wilson. I'm a new intern here." She explained as she stood up as her pager went off.

„I have to go. It was nice to meet you." I waved at her as she ran out of the room.

I lay back down with my arms behind my head and closed my eyes.

LUCY'S POV:

„So how's Mel?" Alexia asked all the Barca girls that weren't on vacation or home.

„She is having surgery this evening, but she seems good about it now." I replied as I took a sip of my water.

„Good, I am glad she is better. Well not better but like...mentally." She smiled at me as the other girls soon joined the conversation asking about the teenage girl.

We had our lunch and after that me and Keira went on a journey to the hospital to see Mel before surgery.

When we walked into Mel's hospital room we were surprised to see Jana in there and Mel smiling from ear to ear.

„Hey you guys." I said as we entered the room and the happy girls looked at us.

„Hey Lucy, Keira." Mel said as we both pulled her in for a hug.

„Hola chicas." Jana said as we hugged also.

„No, I don't want to see you, but how did you get in here?" Keira asked curiously.

Jana smirked and looked at Mel: „Well, me and my parents got home from vacation yesterday night and I knew Mel was having an operation today so I came to see her."

I smirked: „So it didn't have to do with the fact that you missed her?"

Jana narrowed her eyes at me: „Of course I missed her. I can't go anywhere now. I went out for two weeks and my girlfriend is lying in a hospital bed."