Chapter 18

JANA POV:

I was sitting on the couch blankly staring at the TV which was playing in the background as I stroked Mel's hair.
She has her head in my lap as she sleeps away, the events of the day. It's not even six pm but I couldn't wake her up. Not after today.

The argument which escalated into Mel leaving the locker room and running away from Lucy was something I didn't want to see.

Of course I got that invitation for the party tomorrow and I wanted to talk to Lucy about it, but I know Keira was pissed. So I assumed she could handle it.
"What time is it?" I heard Mel asked still with closed eyes.

"Just some past six." I replied.

After the events I took her to my apartment which was all brand new due to my parents thinking I needed my own space...I was glad for it.

"Did you really mean it?" I asked, referring to her saying she is going to move in with me.

She picked up her head from my lap looking at me: "What?"

I signed: "The moving thing."
She pursed her lips: "I...I don't know, I wish I could but I can't leave Keira alone. I just wanted to make Lucy angry I guess."

I nodded and kissed her softly: "But if you want, I will gladly welcome you in my bed." She chucked and kissed me back.

What was meant to be a few kisses turned into a full on make out session, we both broke up from the kiss when the air started to become a problem and she whispered: "I love you, you know that right?" I smiled and said: "I love you too."

We snuggled closely as I felt Mel's breath on my neck as we both drifted into a deep sleep.

KEIRA POV:

As soon as Jana took Mel to her apartment I went back to the changing room. Lucy was still sitting in the same position as she was when Mel stormed out. But Ona was now next to her.

I sighed and sat next to her: "Hey, she just wanted to make you mad. She's not moving out. I am mad at you, but what did you expect?"

She bit the inside of her cheek: "I am so stupid. This is exactly what I didn't want for her to find out from somewhere else."

"I hate to say...I told you so." I said, patting her shoulder, smiling at Ona and taking my bag.

"Keira?!" Lucy's voice was heard behind me.

"Yeah?"

"I am sorry." She said,

I replied: "I know, but I am not the one you should apologise for, now if you excuse me."

LUCY POV:

As soon as everyone left and it was only Ona with me I broke down. I sobbed into the younger girl's t-shirt.

"I am such a terrible mother figure." I said between sobs. Ona ran a hand through my hair: "No, you are not a terrible mother...everything you said to me you did does not make you a terrible mother. This is just a misconception. You just have to talk to Mel about the whole thing." I nod. She was right as always.

I send everyone a text that the party is not happening. And decided to go buy Melissa a different present that I already had.

The day of Mel's birthday:

MEL POV:

I woke to the sun shining onto my face and the warmth of a body next to me. I opened my eyes slowly, inhaling the fresh air. I tried to wiggle out of Jana's arms but her grip on me tightened: "Don't go." She whims and I just chucked: "I have to pee."

She groaned and let go of me as I stood up slowly being careful with my ankle and made my way into the bathroom.
"Let's get this over with." I mumbled as I splashed water on my face and washed my teeth.

I hated my birthday...I wish people took it as a normal day, and most of them did.
I always remember my mother on this day. Her smile...her hair always fabulously sitting on her shoulders. I don't even remember when she became a junkie. Actually...I never even saw her high. I think...

I frowned and tried to think what my mother looked like when my father kicked her out.

She was wearing her favourite dark blue suit with hills I always wanted to try on. She had light makeup on her face with a perfect eyeliner.

She didn't look high or drunk...she looked nothing like my father used to say.

"Hey, you're okay?" Jana's voice made me jump a bit, making me look at her: "you've been staring at yourself in the mirror for the past ten minutes." I exhaled.

"Yeah, just thinking about everything." I tired to smile a bit but the memory of my mom made me frown back.

"You sure?" She asked.

"I...no. I think I am starting to find out that everyone in my life is lying to me. Well except for you...I hope." I confessed and walked back into the bedroom lying down on the bed.

With my closed eyes I felt Jana crawling on top of me taking my face into her palms: "Where is this coming from hmm?"

I sigh, melting into her touch: "I always think about my mother on my birthday...it's always just the question where is she? But I don't know...my father told me after he kicked her out that she was using drugs...but she never looked like it. I guess I just want to know the truth." As I explained it to her she was slowly nodding and smiling sadly.

"Well, we can try and find her if you want. But now let me grab a present I got for you." She said and jumped from above me with a smile.

"HEY, I told you not to buy anything." I said laughing a little as she came back with a box.

"I didn't buy it...I just decided to give you this." She said handing me a small box.
I carefully took it from her and opened it. It was Jana's Barcelona shirt: "You...gave me your jersey?"

Jana nods: "yeah but turn it around."
I did and at the back was instead of a number and name for our phone which Keira took. We were sharing a kiss after her training.

"Sooo, you like it?" Jana asked.

I bit the inside of my cheek: "Thank you...I love it. I love you." I throw myself at her and attacked her with small kisses.

"I'm glad you like it." She whispered: "But what are we going to do now?"

I claimed onto my side of the bed and sigh: "Well, Lucy said to get to this address for a present so I think we should go."

"Now?" She asked, confused.
I nod: "Yeah, I want to be over it."

LUCY POV:

Me and Ona were casually sitting on her couch and watching some TV show which she picked out.

"Do you think Mel will like the present?" I asked Ona looking over to see the present sitting on a table.

"Of course she will now come here." She pulled me in for a deep kiss.

We only broke apart because somebody rang the bell. So Ona stood up with me following closely behind.

It could only be a postman at this hour.

I was only wearing a t- shirt as well as Ona was wearing one of mine.
I grabbed her from behind as she opened the door.

"Are you kidding me? Her?!" At that moment I frozed, I let go of Ona and went to grab her.

"Wait-" but I was cut off: "No, bye." she shut the door, almost hitting me in the face.

I hit the door with my fist: "FUCK!"

Have an amazing day! Don't forget to smile!