Chapter 22

MEL POV:

“Do I really have to go back?” I asked Keira as she dropped me in front of the school on Monday morning.

After I passed out everyone was keeping a close eye on me and Keira refused to let me out of the bed for the whole weekend. For some reason Lucy didn't say anything to me the whole time and Jana was throwing daggers at her.

“Yes, and Mel please pay attention.” She said as I rolled my eyes but nodded and stepped outside the car.

I walked through the corridor of the building trying not to draw attention to myself. It's not like someone even tried to talk to me but I am gladly going to be invisible.

I stepped into the class and sat down in the most further seat from the front.
As I sat down I pulled my notebook for maths and opened it from the other side. I started to draw as I waited for all of the kids and teacher to come.

“Wow, that's epic!” A voice behind me said, making me jump.

“Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.” I turned around and saw who was talking to me.

It was some girl. She has short black hair and lot's of tattoos. From her tight shirt I could see her abs and biceps moving.

“Thank you, but it's not done yet.” I replied and went back to drawing hoping she was just going to drop it and leave.

But what would that be if life sometimes did something I wanted. She sat down in the seat in front of me and turned my way.

I looked up back at her: “Can I help you?”

She put her arms up in defence: “Hey, no need to be rude. I just wanted to get to know you.”

“Why?”

She sighed: “Well, you are new and you look cool. Better than some other kids in here. I'm Becka.”

“Melissa. And thanks for the compliment.” I replied.

“Well, would you maybe-” she was cut off when the teacher walked into the classroom.

After the class ended I was ready to go home. Even though I know I can't. I have six more classes.

I grabbed my things and went to the bathroom.

I was washing my hands when Becka walked in.

“Here you are. I was looking for you.” She said and she leaned against the sink next to me.

“Why were you looking for me?” I dried my hands and took my stuff as she followed me outside of the bathroom.

“I said I want to get to know you. So firstly I wanted to ask for your Instagram so I can text you.”
I sighed and took a phone from her hand and wrote down my Instagram username.

I didn't have many photos…only one actually. I don't need people to know that Lucy and Keira are my adoptive parents even though I have a lot of followers due to Jana's tagging me into ig stories she posts with me.

“Whoa, how come you have so many followers?” She asked as she looked at my profile.

I shrugged my shoulders: “Don't know. They just appeared. I don't post so I have no idea.”

And for the second part people follow me because they know I am Jana's girlfriend. I might not post but I do sometimes sneak a story here and there.
The only post I have there is me in Lucy's jersey walking to the Camp Nou stadium.

“You are a football fan?”

“Something like that yeah…I'm playing too. I am just getting back from…injuries.” I replied slowly.