Chapter 17

KEIRA POV:

I stormed into the changing rooms on the first day back for training and immediately spotted Lucy so I took her by a shirt and dragged her out.

“Are you out of your mind?” I asked her, making her look at me confused: “Why?”

“The invitation?! Mel specifically told us not to do anything for her birthday. Why are you having a party? That's like the OPPOSITE of nothing.”

She rolled her eyes: “She is going to be okay. I only invited a few people.”
I crossed my arms: “Is one of them Ona?”

“I am not having this conversation right now. Yes she is going to be there and no you are not stopping me from having the party.” Lucy exclaimed and left back into the changing rooms.

I huffed and picked up my phone wondering if I should text at least Jana about it. I'm sure she's invited too.

“You okay?” I turned around and spotted Ingrid behind me.

I nodded: “Yeah, just Lucy doing something she shouldn't.”

“Oh..is this about Mel's birthday party?” She asked, making me look at her surprised: “You know about it?”

Ingrid nods: “Yeah, I think Lucy invited almost all of us.”

I couldn't believe what I was hearing the “few people” Lucy mentioned are actually almost every person Mel ever met.

“I am going to stop this…I have to stop this. Excuse me.” I mumbled and walked past her back into the changing room.

Later…

I was changing back into my normal clothes as Mel came inside with Jana. They were smiling at each other from sometime that they were whispering into each others ears.

“Hola, love birds.” Patrí exclaimed as both Jana and Mel stuck out their tongues at her. Making all of us laugh.

“Hey Kei.” Mel came to sit next to me.

“Hey, I heard the physio sessions are going well.” I smiled and dragged my hand through her hair.

“Yeah they are. He said I could probably start walking around freely in a few days.” She looked so happy about it while I hugged her.

I didn't want to bring up her birthday but I had to have a real opinion about celebrating it: “Hey, your birthday is tomorrow. Can I just stop by Alexia's to drop your present?”

I felt her tense up but she quickly relaxed as I said she didn't have to go anywhere: “Um sure, but I am going to be at Jana's. We are going to just watch a movie and eat. You didn't have to give me anything.”

I shook my head: “It's the least I could do.” She opened her mouth to say something but then Lucy came into the changing room with Ona trailing behind her.

“Mel Hey, let me introduce you to Ona.” Lucy said to Mel as she helped her up.

“This is mine and Keira’s adoptive daughter. I was telling you about her.” She said to Ona as Mel stuck out her hand and she shook it.

“Nice to meet you.” Mel mumbled and went to sit back next to me.

LUCY POV:

I frowned at Mel's behaviour. She talked about Ona and how great of a player she is a few weeks back and now she almost just whispered nice to meet you. It's not like it would bother me too much, but I did raise my eyebrows at it.

Ona smiled at Mel and looked at me smirking while she went to change.

“So how's the physio?” I asked, sitting next to Mel. I was hoping to have a longer conversation with her but all I found was:“Good.”