Chapter 21

MEL POV:

“I hope you aren't serious?” Lucy asked, dragging a hand through her hair.

“I am…because I'm the one who put them there when I was unpacking.” I replied looking down at my hands.

I felt Keir sighed next to me: “Okay, well we don't think something is wrong with you. You are a good kid Mel, just try to pay a bit attention.”

I bit the inside of my cheek: “But it's so boring, I know all of this stuff already. Why can't I just do online school?”

Lucy turned my way: “Because you need interactions with people your age.”

I throw my hands in the air: “Well, it's not like I have friends there! No one is talking to me…and I am okay with that. You asked me where I wanted to go and I said online, but you insisted on this stupid school with stupid rules and stupid looking uniforms…I look like a high school porn rolle play!” I exclaimed and stood up, throwing the bag over my shoulder and ran to my room.

“Melissa, come back! Right now.l” I heard Lucy yell at me as I huffed and decided not to stir the pot even more.

“We know you don't like it but it's just for a half of a year…you can graduate early. And stop saying something is stupid. The school is one of the best.” Keira said while she put a hand on Lucy's shoulder and continued: “We just want what's best for you.”

I looked between them.

Between Keira's hand and Lucy's shoulder…

She always used to do this when she was explaining something.

“Are you two like…normal again?” I asked, sitting back down.

Lucy looked up with a frown: “What do you mean?”

I pointed at Keira's hand with my head. Lucy turned to look at the hand but didn't do anything to remove it.

“It's just a hand gesture Mel, I have no idea what you mean. I thought we were over this part.” Keira replied to me instead of Lucy.

“Okay…I was just making sure.”

LUCY POV:

I did feel Keira's hand on my shoulder…her touch was burning my skin alive. I didn't acknowledge it until Mel pointed it out.

“Am I getting tested?” Mel asked looking up at us.

I shook my head: “Absolutely not, the headmistress can go fu-” I was cut off by Keira: “Just no is fine.”

I rolled my eyes. The headmistress didn't mean any harm, but it sure sounded like she was making Mel disabled.

“Just pay attention and we don't have to worry about it.” I said standing up.
“Where are you going?” Mel asked as I was walking down the hall.

“I am going home. We don't have anything else to say to you Mel. You practically did nothing wrong.” I replied to her as she watched me put on my shoes.

“When do I go with you?” She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders: “It's up to you. You are eighteen, you can spend time wherever you want.”

“Okay, can I come by tomorrow?” Mel asked.

I smiled: “Of course you can.”

MEL POV:

As soon as Lucy left I walked back into the kitchen, seeing Keira make coffee.
“When am I meeting Laura?” I asked, sitting on one of the stools.

Keira frowned: “Why do you want to meet her?”