Chapter 12: Curtains fall

"Now Mila" as I said that Mila releases the barrier then extended her arms to shoot a beam of light towards the unsuspecting skeleton guy. The skeleton knight got hit by the beam of light that made him flew away from where he stands and so we also started to run towards the destroyed hut where Hellebore gets thrown away.

As we arrive at the hut we can see some hands protruding at the destroyed hut and the head of a girl can be seen but it got twisted in a wrong way, Mila's face become depress when she saw the dead children scattered around this chaotic scene but for me I ignore them and tried to see where Hellebore is.

"You can blame me all you want later but for now let's finish this battle." I said coldly to Mila.

"No, I will not blame you master, I'm just saddened from the fact that human race can do this horrible act to their own races, how I wish this kid can just live normally." She said with a sadness in her voice.

"People are born to satisfied their own self no matter what they do, even someone who sees your kindness will think that you are selfless Mila but without that satisfaction of yours helping others, you will not move or push hard to do things that will satisfy your own self." I said to here while removing some debris and finally I see Hellebore who are trying to stand up but his legs are bent. "Mila heal Hellebore if you can." I said to her commanding her.

"Sorry to dampen your mood master, and I will try to heal him, I don't know if it will works towards demons though." She said while extending her hands towards the limping wolf.

"No, it's fine Mila you didnt make my mood damp or anything, I just wanted for you to learn that every person are different with one another and if you don't like what I've done, I permit you to go have your way of your own." I respond but deep inside I wanted to travel with Mila for how long I can live.

"No, no master, please don't say that I will never leave your side even with the world will go against you, I owe you my life, I would not exist if not because of you." I feel relieve and also happy when she say that.

As the intense light wrapped towards Hellebore his bent legs now returns to normal and he energetically runs towards me and nuzzle his head in my body so I cannot help but pat his head.

"Come on now, our battle is not yet done, also Mila thank you for saying that, I also will not live if the two of you will leave by my side, both of you are my important companion now. Please take care of me." I face them both and give them a smile.

"Yes master, I will serve you forever." Mila suddenly kneel and Hellebore sits straight up and howl as if he is telling me 'I will do the same'.

When I'm about to pat the two a gust of wind suddenly pass by me.

"Oh, don't leave me behind." The skeleton knight suddenly appear at my side and stab me... That is supposed to happen but Hellebore with his regained vigor anticipated the attack and catches the sword of the skeleton guy then with that delayed moment Mila manage to get up and come in front of me and use her barrier to depend me for any attacks. "Tsk, what an annoyance, hahaha but what can you do? Even with that barrier or this wolf keeps pestering me you cannot still defeat me, how long do you think for human to be in that barrier without food or water?" He said while kicking Hellebore but the wolf just dodge it easily.

"Hmm... You have a point, then lets wrap this thing up, Mila." I said while clapping my hands.

"Haa, what can you even do?" He said while brandishing his two black sword.

"Hmm... Nothing, I can only do is command them, Im not sure with Mila though." As I said that Mila focus her eyes while the golden ring inside her eyes are glowing, her focus is not with the skeleton knight though but towards Hellebore.

A light veil suddenly appear at the top of Hellebore and when the veil touches the wolf it turns black and disappear towards him, suddenly a surge of magical power have release and a crackling sound can be heard surrounding the dog body and I can see some dark electrical surge is exuding in every part of the dog specially from his claws and fangs. Hellebores ayes become golden and without me noticing he disappear.

"That build up and he just run away, haha." Said by the skeleton knight while laughing maniacally but then he suddenly fell down. "Wh-what happen?"

"Pfft... Your foot are missing." I tried to Held back my laughter but I can't help but find it funny.

"Damn you bitch! What so funny about this?" He said struggling to get up, I mean he cannot even stand up.

"Nothing, at least I have the higher ground now? How about you stand up for yourself? Oh I forgot you missing some footing." I can't help but throw him some joke but damn Im only the one laughing I felt ashame.

"You damn bitch!" He curses and tried to throw his weapon at us but the barrier of Mila are too strong to break.

"Is that all you can do? Cursing? Where did your bravado gone to? How about this? Fetch!" After mocking him I snap my fingers and then the arms of the man disappeared and he fell face down as his both arms are missing.

"Aaagh, damn it, damn it, damn why... Kyrie you are mine, you are my slave, you shouldn't oppose me! Come here and help me you are just my play thing!" He now lost his mind.

I step out of the barrier while my two companions got near me worried with my will being, I appreciate them.
When I got near the delusional skull I step on his head and whisper to him "You dont own anything, you are nothing but a trying hard, you dont deserve anything, you lose everything you have when you take me home with you, if not for that fact you should be thriving now. Regret all you want it's too late for you now, I will take whatever you have with me." I said in the calmest and soothing voice as I can be. "Now end yourself." I said in a soft voice ordering him and the flames on his head is extinguished.