Chapter 14: A new start

We finally defeated the skeleton knight and his remains turn to ashes and get carried by the wind and all of the bandit that living here had been dealt with, there are some casualties but everything is fine now, if I live in the city I can just relax knowing that noone will look for me and try to sell me or something.

"Okay, everything has been dealt with now it's time to see what kind of loot we can take with our adventure, also I'm kind of hungry now, so it helps a lot if I kind of find an edible food here." I said while taking my step towards the hut that I been living for this past years.

"Uhm... Master the people..." Mila with a worried voice.

"Haaa..." I sigh, I don't really want to deal with them and severe my connection with them, if possible I want them all dead here so no one will know that Ive been living with the bandits. "Alright fine." I said while facing up the depressed adults and traumatized children. Most of the adult are so quiet and like they cannot look at me directly, they all know that their purpose in this village is just a breeding sow so the bandit can sell the child to whoever they dealing with so if they criticized me now they just barking with empty words, all they can do with me is give me their gratitude despite them being nobody in this world now they can go anywhere live a new life but for the kids who doesnt know anything I'm sure they will be traumatized for the rest of their life, the normal life that they knew in this small space got destroyed and they don't know the reason.

"I will not be that kind of person who will help you overcome this traumatizing experience or provide comfort to all of you, all I can do is lead you to a destination and it's up to you if you wanted to change or not." I said to make thing clear for them.

"You kill my sister, you are demon." The kid who always bully me said that so I move towards her and smack her to the face then step on her head, the other adults wanted to stop me but I glare to them.

"You are there and you did nothing to save your sister, you let her die because you are weak, don't blame anyone with your weakness, she got killed because you are all weak and ignorant, calling me a demon is out of stretch. I just wanted freedom so I did what I did and because I have the strength to achieve what I wanted to achieve."  I wanted them to feel what is inside of mine, I been humiliated and being insult all my life, People will do something to prevent me achieving what I wanted to achieve and people will criticized me for what I really am that's why I escape that world now being here with this power of mine I can achieve things that I didn't have in my past life now I'm being criticized by a mere child? With much anger that boils toward my head I can't help but bring more force on stepping her and she scream with pain in her voice.

"Master please forgive her." Mila tried to stop me and some of adults women also plead to consider.

"Hmp... You better remember this, you are weak the reason why you cannot save everyone so blame yourself not me." I walk away not letting her to respond on me and Hellebore followed me and Mila stayed away and heal the head of that brat, soon after she join me in the hut that I live because I'm sleepy and wanted to rest to refresh my mind.
---

I woke up to the smell of meat it's night time now but I can see some lights on the center of the village.
"Have you been awake Master?" Mila speak to me near my face, it looks like she sleep right next to me.

"Uhm yeah, by the way why I smell meat? Did the people here finally succumb to cannibalism?" I ask jokingly.

"No, no... They just burn the bodies because if not they will become undead or much worst become a powerful wraith." Mila explain, I see so I can purposely revive someone and become undead or they can just become one naturally.

"Did they burn all of the bodies?" I ask.

"Not all, they wanted to have a proper burial to the children and women who died." With a hint of sadness Mila said to me.

"Good, I actually wanted to revive some of the children and adult women of possible."

"Wait really master?" Mila exclaim with a happy tone.

"I think you are having a misunderstand here, I'm not doing it because I feel bad with them, I only wanted to at least strengthen our force because with only the two you it will not enough." I said trying to convince her but she already in a praying stance and not hearing my words.

"Really, master is truly a magnificent person." She said day dreaming.

"I said I'm not like that!" I pinch her soft cheeks so she will face me.

"But anyway thank you very much." She look at me straight, smile at me while caressing my hands that on her cheeks.

"Come on..." Damn she really is beautiful.

"Yawn..." Hellebore in the ground sleeping only yawns at us.