Prologue

Narration:

There are three types of people in Gotham; the poor, who will kill for what they want and need, the normal, who do the best they can with what they have, and then there's the wealthy, but not just any wealthy, no they own the tall buildings and companies. And there's no company better known then Wayne Enterprise.

🖤at a party🖤

"Mr. Wayne." "Mr. Wayne over here." Yes a man like Bruce Wayne can't hide from the cameras, not even for a second, he's even being looked for inside the party.

Victoria's POV:

"Ella once again thanks for the necklace, now who am I looking for?"
"You'll know him when you see him or hear his name, remember you're there to make sure my company and his work together."
"Why is it that you don't come to these things," I whispered in my earpiece.
"Because you're better at socializing, now remember his name is Bruce w—"
She got cut off and I got bumped into. "I'm so sorry." "No it's ok, I didn't. . . fall." Black and white tuxedo like every other man, only there was something in his eyes, he looks different than any other man here. "Miss are you sure you're—"
"What, yeah yeah I'm ok, it's just that I'm supposed to be looking for someone." He pulled me to the side. "Male or female?" "Uh, male," I said. "Would that someone be Bruce Wayne." "I looked at him and pointed. "You, oh my god it's you, oh and I bumped into you I'm such an idiot." "Actually I bumped into you, and this usually isn't the response I get from women." I put your hands on my hips. "And what is that response?" He responded with confidence. "They smile, bat their eyes, usually swoon over me." "Well you're not getting that from me, but you are getting a proper introduction," I stuck my hand out, "Victoria James, of E Tech, nice to meet you." "Bruce Wayne, head of Wayne Enterprise." We shook hands, and while holding his something just opened up inside me. "My butler told me I'd be meeting someone from E Tech, I just didn't think it would be a beautiful female."

🖤time skip🖤

We walked and talked, needless to say he'll be meeting with my boss when she's free. "So you're her secretary." "Yes, I'll let you know when she's free for a meeting, it's late I should get going." Bruce gently grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "You told me you got here by uber, tell me where you live I'll drive you home." ". . . Ok thanks Mr—"
"Please, call me Bruce."

🖤back to the apartment🖤

"Thanks for the drive, Bruce." "I already put my number in your phone, text me when you get up there so I know you're ok." Well that wasn't creepy at all. When I got to the building door I heard a "Don't mention it" behind me, I looked back and smiled. I went in, used the elevator for the fifth floor, and got out. When I got to my apartment door I texted him, and he texted back. Good, goodnight.
I was about to open the door, when my friend Esmeralda opened it. "Who brought you home in a nice ass car?" "Why are you whispering?" It took three seconds to realize why. "Right, it was no one, now how much do I owe you?" "You can pay me when you tell me who brought you home." I gave in and said his name like it was nothing. "Bruce Wayne brought me home." I took off my shoes—that were killing me—sat down, and Esmeralda sat next to me. "Repeat that."