7: We've got a problem

Wrong Batman but a great quote. Warning:foul language and not so physical abuse.

🖤two weeks later🖤

Victoria's POV:

On my way to work with the coffee, and I noticed that people are looking at me. "Hey Esmeralda, here's your coffee." "Finally you're here, boss wants us both in here office."

🖤in the office🖤

"Hey Ella, what's wrong?" "We've got a problem." I handed her her coffee, and she handed me a newspaper with me and Bruce on the cover. The title says, He's Finally Found a Lover. "Where'd you get this?" "Oh it's not just this one, The Daily Planet, there are a bunch of newspapers with you and playboy in them, and they all say different things," Esmeralda said, "I picked up five." I looked at them: in each of them I have a different dress, it was when he'd take me out on dates, they each say different things. Head of Wayne Enterprise dates secretary of E Tech. True Love, or Typical Playboy. Normal girl and Gotham's #1 bachelor, How long will it last?. "Oh don't read some of them, never knew how cruel this place was," Esmeralda said. "What did they say?" Ella put her coffee down and answered. "They called you a whore, Victoria, now I don't like that as much as you but—"
I got up, "I have to call Bruce." ". . . I was just getting to that," she said.

Bruce's POV:

There was a photo of me and Victoria on the night I told her I was Batman, and it said some shady things next to it. True Love, or Typical Playboy. "There are more of them, Mr. Wayne." "I don't wanna see them, throw them all away." I went into my office and locked the door.
Ring ring.
It was Victoria, she must have seen the newspaper, I answered.

Victoria's POV:

"Bruce please tell me it's you because right now I only trust the voices of my two friends here, and you."
"It's me, I'm guessing you saw the newspaper, but Victoria I want you to know I had nothing to do with this, I'm as shocked as you."
"This is the worst Friday ever . . . Bruce you won't believe what they say about me." I wanted to cry, I wanted his comfort but he's at least twenty blocks away.
"I've always ignored the front page of the newspaper, now listen to me Victoria, I want you to pick up your boys after work and come straight here. If you go pick up your stuff and see photographers and news reporters around your apartment, come straight here."
I shook my head and said ok. "Bruce, no matter what the paper says, I love you."
"I love you too."
He hung up. "Hey, Victoria, you ok? If you need to leave early I'll—"
"No, Ella, I'll be ok." "Alright then . . . Just come in and tell me if you have to go."

🖤noon🖤

I get a call telling me the boys got into a fight, and from what I hear it's because of me. "They were calling you mean things, mom," Eduard said. "Enough, I don't wanna hear anymore, now we're gonna. . ." There were a few reporters and photographers outside where I live. "Boys hang on," I hit the engine, "we're headed to Bruce's first."

🖤time skip🖤

Bruce's POV:

I got home and it was quieter then usual. I found the boys in the living room with icepacks, Eduard on his face, and Thomas on his leg. "Boys what happened? Thomas do you need to go to the hospital?" "No, Alfred said an icepack will do."
"They talked bad about you and mom, especially mom, and we couldn't take it anymore," Eduard said. "Where's your mom?" "In her room, haven't seen her since," Thomas said. I went to her room, I saw her sitting on the windowsill, in tears. "Victoria." "People hate me . . . Because I love you." I went to her side and held her. "They don't even know me, Bruce, this whole morning I've been getting horrible emails, and then the boys get hurt because of me, and you were right, there were reporters at our place." I held Victoria in my arms, then I dried her tears. "Don't worry we're gonna get through this's,Victoria." "How? The city hates me, my boys are getting bullied because of it, I might lose my job—"
"I don't know, just let me figure it out!" I didn't mean to shout, and I didn't realize I was holding her too tight. "Bruce, you're hurting me." I let go and saw one of the boys peeping in. "Thomas?" He ran.

Victoria's POV:

Me and Bruce went after him, for a boy who hurt his leg, he was running pretty fast. "He ran in the backyard," Bruce said. "I'm coming with you, Alfred make sure Eduard stays inside." We both ran out, it was windy and getting dark. "Thomas!, where could he have gone?" "I saw him he went this way," Bruce said. I followed him, and I thought the bat cave was shocking, he has a cemetery dedicated to his dead ancestors and his parents. "There's no way he's here." "He's here, I can hear him crying," Bruce said. He opened the door that said Wayne on top, and Thomas was in the corner crying. Bruce tried to get him to come out, but he wouldn't move. "You hurt my mom!" "Títo he didn't mean to," I said. He was on his knee with his arms out. "Thomas Let's go." "Leave me—"
The sound of thunder shut him up.
"Bruce carry me, my leg hurts again." That's just what he did after he closed the door, we ran back, and right when we got inside the rain started.

🖤let's talk after a nice dinner🖤

"Never run out like that, do you understand," I said. "Yes mamá," Thomas said. "Same goes for you, Eduard." "Yes mamá." I dropped on the couch rubbing my head. "Now that that's over, what are we gonna do about us?" Bruce was about to sit next to me, till Alfred called. "Master Wayne, they need you." The boys were excited, he stuck out his hand. "Come with me downstairs."

🖤after he's done doing his job🖤

Alfred high fives the boys. "Well that went well," he says. The car came in and the boys were jumping like crazy. "Ok cálmate chicos (ok calm down boys) so what he's back." He took of the mask. "I brought you something." Out the car Bruce brought out our suitcases. "No way," Eduard said. "Thanks Bruce," Thomas said. I went up to him. "You snuck into my apartment." "It was too easy," he said. I put my hands on my hips. "I don't know weather to slap you or kiss you."

🖤bedtime🖤

Bruce's POV:

"From now on don't listen to what the paper says." "Yes sir," the boys said. "Today was just a fall, and my dad told me once, we fall so that we can learn to pick ourselves up." "That's nice," Eduard said. I shook both their heads and wished them goodnight. "Bruce, thanks for saving me today," Thomas said. "You're welcome." In my room Victoria lay sleeping, I couldn't help but wrap my arm around her. "Bruce, what are we gonna do about us." "Don't worry, I've got a plan," I said.