2: A date

Previously:
"That's why I send you to these, for you to get and send information," Ella said. "And in return she got playboys number," Esmeralda said. "You keep calling him that, but he didn't act like that last night, he was a gentleman," I said. "At first," Esmeralda said with a smirk. "Ok both of you go back to work, Victoria call him and tell him we can meet tomorrow," Ella said. "Psss." I looked back and Esmeralda was there. "Shouldn't you be at the front desk." "Relax Victoria, I took a long brake," she said smiling. "Why do you have two empty glass bottles?" "Because, we're gonna easdrop on the meeting," she said.

Victoria's POV:

"Es I'm not gonna easdrop on a very important meeting that can other help us, or screw us." "Ok then don't use a cup," she said. I couldn't let her do this alone. "Fine I'll do this but no cup."

Bruce's POV:

"Mr. Wayne I'm sorry but I can't sell you the company, my father started this and I intend to keep it going." "I understand, but we did agree on a partnership between Wayne Enterprise and E Tech, whatever you need we'll be glad to help," I said. "That we do have a deal in." We both shook hands. "Now there's something else I'd like to discuss with you, Ella." "No one calls me by my name unless it's serious, what is it?" I whispered Victoria's name and she seemed to smile. "What do you wanna know," she slid me sticky notes and a pen, "write it down just in case, Mr. Wayne."

🖤meeting augured🖤

Victoria's POV:

"I hear chars moving," I whispered. "Let's bounce," Esmeralda said. We got back to my desk and acted like nothing happened, waved him goodbye when he passed by, then ten seconds after he was gone we ran to Ella's office.
"What happened how'd it go?" "Well you sound desperate, don't worry it went well, and you got a date tonight." Me and Esmeralda had the same look and response for this. "What the f—"

🖤time for a date🖤

A nice simple purple dress and heels, the jewelry on the other hand I found at the door with a letter.
Wear them tonight, Bruce.
My makeup was done, now Esmeralda was here flat-ironing my hair. "Remember all that playboy shit I said, yeah I take it back this guy likes you." "How, I've only known him for two days." Well, maybe this is a good thing, because there aren't many good things in this city."

🖤hair is done and he's here🖤

When I went outside the building, he was there waiting outside his car. "You look beautiful, Victoria." "And you even make grey and black look good."

🖤who's up for Italian🖤

Bruce pulled my chair back. "My lady." "Why thank you." Then he sat down. "Well first of all you don't have to worry about cameras flashing at us, I own this place, used to come here with my parents," he said. "Good, and that must have been nice." Es told me what happened to his parents, she said not to mention it. The waiter arrived and asked us for wine, "Sweet," we both said. Then he said something in Italian, and handed us the menu. "That was . . ." "Interesting," he said. I thought I could hide behind the menu, but you open it and there it is. "Eh, it's Italian, I'll go with pasta," I said. "Me too." Then he put his right hand on top of mine. I made no intention to move it, it just felt good there. "So Bruce, why the date?" We got our wine and it tasted good, and we ordered. "Because I never really got to know you at the party, tell me about yourself, Victoria."

"I moved to Gotham two years ago, Ella was a friend of mine so that's how I got the job, I'm a Latin American girl from the suburbs, in a city protected by a man who dresses like a bat almost every night." "At least you're ok." "Bruce I got a good view of that light, every time it shines I close the curtains or my boys will just stare at it till it goes off." I said two much. Bruce leans back and just looks at me. "You got me," I put my hands up, "single mom with two boys in a city like this." "Well I think you're doing great." I looked at him and he held up his wine. "To you, for doing the best you can in a place like this." That was sweeter then this wine. I held mine up. "To me."

🖤after the pasta🖤

"Damn I'm so . . . Bruce you ok?"

Bruce's POV:

They need me. I dropped five hundred on the table. "Victoria we have to go." "Why we . . . Oh I see." We got in the car. "I want you home safe with your boys, maybe we can do this again." "Yeah just don't run that red light," she said.

🖤she's home safely🖤

"I'll text you when I'm up, I really had a good time Bruce." I don't know why I did it, but it felt good. I took her hand and kissed it. "Till next time," I said.

🖤at the mansion🖤

"What are we after, Alfred?" "A killer crock, Master Wayne, by the way how was the date?" "I'll tell you when I get back." I stopped and looked at Alfred before I put on the suit. "How'd you know I was on a date?" "I've known you since you were a child, Master Wayne, who else would you buy jewelry for." I really don't deserve him.