9: Peace

There's one that says straight outta Arkham.

🖤the next day🖤

Victoria's POV:

Every time I wake up and Bruce is still here in bed with me, I can't help but smile. "Morning beautiful, I'll go make you breakfast." He gave me a kiss and got out of bed, I checked my phone, me and Bruce are still the talk of the morning. "Bruce, we're still front page, even on the internet." "That's because last night Gotham got to meet the woman I love, don't worry it'll all blow over soon," he said. I sat up covering myself with the blanket. "That's the thing, Bruce, I don't wanna be on the newspaper everyday, I don't want people asking me how I got you, I don't wanna be harassed at work or in public." He sat next to me, even just wearing pants and an unbuttoned shirt he looks sexy. "If you're with me, people will think twice about saying bad things about you or the boys, as a matter of fact, do the boys have Monday off?" I nodded. "Good pack up a few things, I've got a nice lakeside house that's peaceful with great security, no one can get in but Alfred." ". . . I'll think about it over breakfast," I said.

🖤Saturday morning🖤

I just had coffee, and the boys only had time for toast before I got Bruce's text. I went in his car, and Alfred had the suitcases and boys. "Alright, straight outta Gotham," I said.

🖤at the house🖤

"This is the house?" Thomas asked. "At least it's modern," Eduard said. Bruce let us in and we drop our stuff on the sofa, the boys already went looking around. "So, do you have a good sunset or sunrise?" "Well actually—"
Eduard started running and looking around. "Yup, it's one small lakeside house, the only doors are the front and bathroom." I looked at Bruce. "He's right, let me show you around."

🖤time skip because I'm lazy🖤

The boys wanted to make it up to me and Bruce for making fun of this house, so with Alfred's help they decided to make us dinner. I was in the shower—I had my outfit for the night in here—when the door opened. "Bruce, what are you doing?" He locked the door. "Our dinner isn't ready, and I'm done waiting for you." He put his clothes next to mine. "Mind if I join you?" " . . . Oh what the hell, it's your place anyway," I said. Once he was in it occurred to me. "You know this is the first time we've showered together," I said. "I know." He brought me closer. "And it's about to get hotter."

🖤time for dinner🖤

I put on a nice red jumpsuit—it was the best look I had—and some low heels, and he has navy blue pants and a light blue shirt with sleeves up to the elbow. "Nice bow on the waist," he said. "Thanks, Bruce, what no suit tonight." "Not tonight . . . What do they have planned?" "I don't know let's find out." We got out the bathroom only to see Alfred. "I was wondering when you two would get out, follow me." I held onto Bruce embarrassed, until I saw what waited for us on the patio. A bunch of fake candles were on and led to the area over the lake. There waiting for us was a blanket, some pillows, our food with wine, and my boys. "Good evening, we hope you enjoy your food, it's the best we could do," Thomas said. "Dessert should be out in an hour," Eduard said. We both said thanks and then they left, me and Bruce sat down on the blanket surrounded by nothing but candles. "This is so beautiful," I said. "I know, how's my next date gonna top this," Bruce said. "Oh well, let's see what we've got for dinner." Bruce removed the lid, our trey had two triangle ham and cheese sandwiches—no crust—grapes, pineapple slices, strawberries, and crackers with cream cheese. "It looks a little tropical, Bruce I think we're overdressed." "Don't worry, the wine will even it out." He opened it and poured our drinks, then held his cup up. "What shall we toast to?" "Hmm, how about to my sons and Alfred, who helped make this night unbelievable," I said looking around. "Well then, to the boys and Alfred."
Clink! Clink!