11: The Answer

Previously:
"Bruce, it's beautiful." "You have no idea how hard it was finding something fitting for a queen," he said. He'd even spoil the boys—we'd have privet dinners, and then I'd spend the night at his place. Last time we were all together Alfred made a barbecue, and then we danced in the ballroom, in my mind we already felt like a family. "Bruce, I'm sorry but that asshole took my necklace and shot it." "It's alright, Victoria, it can always be replaced with something better." He didn't even look at me when he answered, then he went to the closet. When he came back out he looked nervous . . . Until he put a little box on the table, and got down on one knee. "Oh my god."

Victoria's POV:

He took my hands before I could say more. "Just hear me out before you speak." I didn't know what to say, my heart was beating like mad. "Victoria James, you've turned my world into something I never thought I'd have. We both know how much I make you happy, how much I make the boys happy, now I wanna keep that going." He looked like he was about to cry but took a breath. "I swear on my family's name that I will protect you, I won't let any harm come to Eduard or Thomas, your handsome playboy will be the husband you deserve and the father your boys never had." He grabbed the box. "Now after everything that happened tonight, you don't have to answer till tomorrow . . . But Victoria James . . . Will you marry me?" The ring was shaped like a heart, I had to say something . . . think think. "Bruce Wayne, was this what you and my sons were talking about?" "Yes, and actually . . ."

🖤a few hours ago🖤

Bruce's POV:

"What did you boys wanna talk about?" I was helping them put bandages on, when out of the blue Eduard ask. "Do you love our mom?" "Yes," I said. The boys look at each other, it's utter silence, Alfred doesn't even know what's going on. Then Thomas says, "Bruce Wayne, you have our permission for her hand in marriage." I was confused and so was Alfred. "Can you repeat that," Alfred said. "Look, our mom isn't getting any younger, she made a big mistake with our real dad, but you . . . You're no mistake, you both love each other, and she doesn't have a dad so we're the men of the house, therefore we say who she ties the knot with," Eduard said. I couldn't help but hug them. "Thank you," I said.

🖤back to now🖤

Victoria's POV:

I was in tears of joy, my own children watch out for me. "So, Victoria, you don't have to answer now, but will you—"
"Yes, yes times six, the number of satellites you have, oh my god just kiss me!"
Bruce put the ring on me, picked me up, and kissed me, when we needed air he put me down and I whispered in his ear. "Lock the door." He held me close. "Think it can wait till tomorrow, we'll call our friends, order a nice dinner and celebrate." "Ok, I'll go take off the ring to keep it safe." We sealed that deal with a kiss. That night the boys were too scared to sleep alone, so they slept with us. "Goodnight my boys." "Did she say yes?" Eduard whispers. I heard a quiet yes from Bruce, and before my boys went crazy I said. "Get excited tomorrow, we're having a little celebration, don't tell anyone." "Yes mommy," they both whispered.

🖤the next night🖤

I just invited Ella and Esmeralda, Bruce on the other hand invited another married couple—who both work at The Daily Planet—Diana, his young friend Berry, his friend Arthur and his wife Mera. "I'm sure this will do for the night," I told myself.

 "I'm sure this will do for the night," I told myself