5: It's Him

🖤a week later🖤

Victoria's POV:

"Alright boys, help me get the groceries out." I hate having to do this at night, but we were running low. I locked the car, on our walk to the building, I felt like we were being followed, I slowly looked back . . . "Boys run." They were able to make it to the building door before me, I heard the sound of a gun lock, and just when I think to look back I hear the sound of a grappling hook. The guy got pulled up to the roof, and with just a bit of lightning I saw who pulled him up.

🖤in the apartment🖤

"Ed did you see that." "It was him and he was so close." "Boys that's enough, now help me put the food away." It was done fast, I was still in shock I didn't know who to call. "Mamá, are you ok?" Eduard ask. I gave them both a hug. "I'm ok, we're ok, now do you think you boys can get started on dinner, I need to wash up and make a phone call."

🖤in the bat cave🖤

Bruce's POV:

You go out on parole for a night, and the one you love is almost dead. "Master Wayne you might wanna lose the mask, there's a phone call for you." I took off the mask and grabbed my phone. "Victoria, to what do I owe this call."
"Oh nothing much just that the Batman saved me and my boys, how are you tonight?"
I told her to tell me what happened, and from the sound of Victoria's voice she was still a little shook up.
"Are you ok? Are the boys ok?"
"We're ok, Bruce, don't worry if anything I should be worried I let the boys make pizza bagels tonight."
"Are you sure you're ok, you can stay—"
"Bruce, we're ok, I'll text you goodnight before I go to bed to prove it."
She sounds calm now. "Ok, say hello to the boys for me, I love you."
"I love you too."
She hung up and I let out some air. "Though you answered charmingly, you're going to have to tell her soon, Master Wayne." "I have to figure out how to tell her, Alfred." And with any luck she'll still love me.

🖤the next day at work🖤

Victoria's POV:

"I can't believe Gotham's dark knight saved you," Ella said. I looked at her confused. "What, I like to call him the dark knight." "Well I can't believe you told Bruce before telling us," Esmeralda said. "What ever happened to sisters before misters?" "That's enough, both of you go to work," Ella said. I had one more question to ask my boss before going to work, and I wanted this to be in private. "I know this might sound crazy, but I wanna thank him for saving me and my boys lives, how do I do that?" ". . . Well the easiest option is to get in danger, because only those at the police station can light his signal, in any case Victoria wait at the top of your building where you saw him, at some point he'll see you." "Thanks, Ella." I put my hand on the door handle. "Victoria, I suggest you be careful if you do this, and make sure his light is in the sky when you do, that way you might have a chance."

🖤three nights later on the roof🖤

I keep sneaking out at night when my boys are asleep, I'm just as bad as—
CRASH!
I look at it's a car crash a block from here, and by the looks of one car, it's the Joker, he must be close by.

Bruce's POV:

"Master Wayne now that you're done with this, satellite image show's me someone on a roof a block away, and I think she wants to speak to you."

Victoria's POV:

"This is pointless, he's never gonna show up," I told myself.
"Who's never gonna show up." That deep voice like they say, it's him.
I never expected a man dressed like a bat to almost give me a heart attack, I turned around and he was there. "It's you, you know I waited up here for the past three nights, and you never showed." "Guess there was never enough danger for me to go on parole," the Batman said. "You should go inside, it's dangerous around these streets after a certain time." "Is it the time, or because your light is out in the sky," I said. "Touché," he said crossing his arms. "I'll go back in, I just wanted to thank you for saving me and my sons lives a few days ago." What he said next surprised me. "How about I make you a promise, nothing will happen to you or your sons once the sun goes down." "That's a big promise coming from someone like you, how do I know you'll keep it?" "Keep this, and you have my word." He handed me a batarang. I looked at it, when I looked up, he was gone.

🖤the next day at work🖤

"Oh my god you saw him," Esmeralda whispered. "Yes, Ella what you told me to do worked." "And that's why I run this company, now sit on the couch we need to hear everything." The three of us sat down. "Well our talk was quick, he actually promised nothing would happen to me or the boys." "That's odd, especially from him," Esmeralda said. "And you know there was something about him that felt so familiar, there was something in his eyes that . . ."
"V your phone is ringing," Ella said. "Oh sorry I got lost," I looked at the name, "oh my god it's Bruce." They practically pushed me off the couch and said. "Answer it."

"Bruce hey, how are you doing? . . I'm doing fine . . . . . . . I'd love to, I'm sure my friend can watch the boys for tonight . . I'll see you then, I love you." I looked at my friends anxious for the tea. "He asked me out again." We all hugged and smiled. "Hey Esmeralda can you—"
"I will watch the boys for the rest of my life, and you wouldn't even have to pay me," she said. "I'll let you go through my closet, I'm sure there's something for you to wear," Ella said. "You two are one of the best things in this city."

🖤jobs over, let's get ready🖤

Ella let me borrow this dress . . . Actually she let me keep it because it doesn't fit her anymore.

 Actually she let me keep it because it doesn't fit her anymore

"Alright let's put that hair in a bun," Esmeralda said.

Bruce's POV:

"Why the rush, Master Wayne?" "I'm telling her tonight Alfred, she deserves to know everything." "Well then I suggest flowers, in case anything goes wrong."

🖤date time🖤

I arrived at her door with white roses—mostly because they ran out of violet ones—I didn't expect her son Thomas to open the door. "Nice to see you again, Bruce." "And you, Thomas, is your mom ready?" "Like you are on time." Victoria came into the light, the more we go on dates the more beautiful she looks. "Hello Victoria, these are for you." "I was wondering when you'd bring me flowers, they're lovely," she said taking them, then handing them to Thomas. "We want her home by eleven," Eduard said on the couch. "And I want you both in bed by ten, let go Bruce."

🖤in the car🖤

"You wanted to kiss me when you saw me, didn't you Bruce." "Completely," I said. "Well we're alone now." Those were one of the best three seconds of my life. "So tell me my handsome playboy, where are we having dinner?" "Somewhere almost as fancy as your dress," I said. "And dessert?" She put her hand on top of mine. "If tonight goes as planned, there may be dessert."

🖤great dinner, time for the truth🖤

Victoria's POV:

Back at his house we made out, but these kisses were not in the mood. "Bruce what's wrong?" He took a breath then held my hands. "Do you trust me, Victoria?" "Yes." "Do you love me?" "More then you can imagine." ". . . Then come with me." He took me somewhere that only six people know about, down the hallway of ancient armor was a wall—or so I thought. On this pad he put a password, the wall opened up to an elevator. "Do you still trust me?" "I'm still standing next to you aren't I." Though I'm a little scared. "Victoria, I need you to promise not to tell the boys, I'll tell them myself." I got flashbacks to last night with me and the bat. ". . . I promise." "Come with me." That elevator took me to someplace I never thought I'd see, when it stopped at the bottom Bruce grabbed my hand. "I can explain," he said. Looking around all I could say was. "Oh, my, god."

What'll the boys think😈