sweet dreams of holly and ribbon

A request 🎄🎄 🎁 ❄️ ☃️

"We got it in the bag, guys, no sweat. How hard can it be? Keep three kids alive for what...four hours or so? Come on now." 

He's overly confident, yeah, but the woman by his side, squeezing his hand gives him a boost to believe that yes, they could do this. He's won two Superbowls, she's won twelve Grammys. It doesn't seem a stretch to claim they can manage to safely entertain his nieces for a few hours while their parents went out for date night.

"What Trav is trying to say," Taylor thankfully interjects before Kylie changes her mind, "is that you don't have to worry. We'll follow all the rules, check in every hour and make sure they all go to bed when they're supposed to."

He nudges her lightly because there's no way they're going to be lame rule followers. Everyone knows that the uncle's (and aunt's, official or not) job is to be the "fun" babysitter, let the kids stay up until 10 and eat way too much sugar and processed crap, have wild dance parties where someone is hung upside down and the house is torn up. Taylor, as a pseudo aunt to many of her friend's kids, has to know the unspoken code.

She's smiling her best responsible smile, though and she even looks the part in a flower printed black collared button down and eggplant colored corduroys. There's no way a single person on the planet wouldn't trust Taylor Swift to watch their children. 

Kylie, for her part, doesn't appear worried in the least as she picks up a few toys, all dressed to go out. "You don't have to convince me. Maybe if it was Trav alone...but between the two of you, I trust you. Besides, we won't be far, just downtown, if you need anything."

"Let's face it," Jason walks into the room with Bennett tucked under his arm and the two older girls by his side, "Taylor is here to make sure Travis doesn't get into trouble, just as much she's here to watch the girls."

"Uncle Travy! Tay-Tay!"

Wyatt and Ellie launch themselves at their uncle and Taylor, giggling as they're both lifted up off the ground and spun around. 

"Jason brought Jason's jeans," Travis cracks, acknowledging his brother. "Nice, man."

"Jason's wearing his jeans so I don't have to worry," Kylie shakes her head. " They already had dinner, so you won't have to worry about that. Here, I'll write some scheduling things down, like when Bennie needs a bottle and bedtime routines, but don't feel you have to follow it to the T. Honestly," she leans in conspiratorially, "with these girls, most of the time, we wing it. As long as everyone's safe and relatively happy, it's a win."

"See?" Travis turns to Taylor, "what did I tell you? Long as no one loses fingers or toes, we're aces. Right, Wy?"

Wyatt puts her hands on her hips in a manner that's entirely reminiscent of her mother. "You need to be good, Uncle Trav."

Taylor laughs, bending to the little girl's level. "I'll keep an eye on him, how does that sound? "I'll need your help, okay?"

She nods solemnly and they shake on it.

"We were thinking of decorating some cookies with them, if that's alright, Ky," Taylor asks, quick to add, "of course, not too many so nobody's tummy gets upset or they're not on too much of a sugar high."

She puts her hand on Travis's hip, stopping him from nudging her again and he internally curses at himself that she can anticipate what he's going to do before he does it now. 

Jason looks his brother right in the eye. "You on board with that, Trav?"

His brother did not just bait him in front of his girlfriend. Oh, he'll remember that, tuck it away for the future.