i've never seen someone lit from within

A companion piece to you showed up just in time; a request.

Warning for slightly spicy content 😂

The house was nearly ready. Travis had seen to it that in the time she was away everything was set up when she came back. Slowly but surely, the place was becoming a home.

Furniture she had a hand in choosing was brought in and arranged, little finishing touches like pictures of family were hung, the grounds were tended to... everything looked great and though he knew she wouldn't have cared if she'd to step around boxes, he wanted her to have a place to go to that felt good. It was important to him, especially given the turmoil she had experienced as of late.

She was due to land in the afternoon, calling him when they'd taken off and again before they went through customs in Florida. He'd be lying if he said he hadn't gotten slightly misty at the thought she was back and so close.

Things felt as though they were settling into a calm now. The last show was amazing (that, he'd been more than excited to see when he went online) and they won their game. There was still hard work to be done in the season, but the win was proof they weren't down yet. And best of all, Taylor would be there, lightning up the entire house with her presence and more importantly, getting a chance to relax. The idea of her being at the games again, too, was making him stupidly happy. Chris wasn't wrong when he'd quipped he was giddy at the press conference. He owned it.

The holidays were what he was looking forward to the most. Typically, they played on Christmas Day which would mean his parents might've come into Kansas City, but in recent years, they'd spent the day in Philly with Jason and Kylie and the girls. He didn't resent it...they usually celebrated the week beforehand and they had a great time. This year would be different. Taylor would be at the house, she'd attend his game with Scott, Andrea, and Austin and they would spend Christmas morning together.

He felt vaguely like a little kid when he thought about it. It had been awhile since he had the full family experience for the holidays and to know he would have it this year, because of Taylor, was awesome. He couldn't help but grin every single time the notion popped into his head.

Walking around the floor plan to make observations, he sees there's definitely more work to be done to get everything ready in time for Christmas. He'd lived pretty close to resembling a frat boy in his old place. The furniture had been nice, but basic, no real decor to be found, outside of football accolades he'd received over the years and various sports related memorabilia. Taylor wasn't the kind of person who cared, one way or another, but he wanted her to know he vauled her opinion. She had great taste, too, so he let her have pretty much free reign when it came to picking things out, down to the bedding for his room and all the guest rooms and towels in the bathrooms.

It was unspoken that although on paper, the house was his, it was hers as well, a home for them to make together where they wouldn't have to worry about intrusions. His old one held too many not so great memories and he was eager to have a fresh start.

They would get it to its full potential together, but she loved it and that was worth everything. It had been the third house they'd toured and excitedly, she had turned to him, reaching for his elbow.

"I think this might be the one."

She had walked around, talking about how they could make Christmas cookies in the eat in kitchen, how the dining room was perfect for hosting all of his friends, who he could put up in the guest bedrooms, too, if he wanted. If anyone loved having people over as much as he did, it was Taylor. Even his oldest friends who'd been unsure at first quite how to percieve her (and she didn't blame them one bit) fell in love within twenty minutes, consistently letting him know that if he fucks this up, he's the biggest jackass in the world.