the altar is my hips 1/2

Part one of two. Singapore content/vacation request. Sequel to picture frames and kisses on cheeks.

Mature content warning ahead 😉

"Give him all my love today."

"I will. Taking a piece of you with me," Travis lifts up his wrist, bringing the phone's camera close so she can make out the words on the top bracelet.

"T loves T," Taylor reads, a hand to her heart. "What's the bottom one say? "Travis Kelce is a..."

"Swiftie," he provides with a grin. "I found them in the big ass pile I have and I thought they were perfect. Goes with the shirt, too. Another way I'm gonna make sure you'll be there, even if you can't be in person."

He takes the phone with him to go to the hotel room's closet to get that, too, returning to his position on the bed and flashing the button down so she could make out the colors.

"Your shirt matches the new album aesthetic," she immediately recognizes. "You're so goddamn sweet, Trav."

"He loves you, you know. Mom, Dad, Ky...and me, of course. We all love you. You'll be there in spirit."

"It's so thoughtful," she tells him lowly. "I'll be thinking of all of you guys. And once I wake up, I'll call and say hi. It's going to be an emotional day."

She goes quiet. "How's he holding up?"

Travis pauses, thinks for a minute. "He's actually doing okay. I don't know if it's fully hit him yet. He was good yesterday, but we had Ellie's party and even if he's feeling bad, he hasn't really talked about it. Don't think he can...today's gonna make it more real."

"For you, too."

He sighs, shifting his weight. "Yeah, guess so. We haven't discussed it a lot. Didn't want him to think he had to stay more than he could for me. He's been stepping up for me my entire life, Tay. It's his time. I can't be selfish about it...he's got a family."

"You've been a huge support system for him, too. How great is it that he's been right there, going through it with someone he loves so much that completely gets it? I think that, besides how much he loves it, kept him going."

"Maybe." His tone changes, perks up a little. "Ellie loved her gifts. All three of them did. Kylie said she texted you..."

"She did. She's a sweetheart. I'm so glad they liked everything and I was so relieved they arrived on time."

"It was awesome you got something for them, too. You're the best, Taylor. They adore you...can't wait to see you again."

"I love them. Can't wait to see everybody again, too. Soon enough."

"We saw each other just last week, but I miss you so damn much, baby. "

"I miss you, too, Trav. I always do...doesn't matter if it's been a few days or an hour. When we're together, it just feels...it feels right."

His eyes shine. "I know it. Everything just seems to make sense again when you're there."

"A few days, baby. For now, you're right where you need to be."

He glances at his watch, the time jumping out at him. "Honey, as much as I love talking to you, it's late. I know you're all hyped up, but you should get some sleep. I'm gonna head to the house so we can all go over there together."

"Guess you're right. I'll try to shut my eyes. It'll be a lot easier when you're next to me., though. Always is."

"I know," he agrees softly. His eyes fall to the left side of the bed, thinking about the left side of his own at home, which she'd claimed as "hers." He was typically a great sleeper, but there was nothing like rolling over in the middle of the night to palm her hip or have her unconsciously move closer to him. Her hair would tickle his lips, his pillow cases smelled of her shampoo and he felt empty when she wasn't lying there.