~ Baking Therapy ~

Marinette Prov

Marinette Prov.

After scrubbing my skin raw and letting the warm water wash away what happened today, I realized that I might have lashed out too harshly at everyone. Suddenly overcome with guilt again, I looked into the bathroom mirror. I was almost shocked to see myself again. Not the Marinette who smiled with affection and understanding, nor the Marinette with warm eyes. 

I was cold Marinette again. The Marinette who, in the last battle, saw all of Paris burned and broken. The Marinette who had to watch her team die fighting Shadowmoth and the traitor Chat Noir. I looked exactly like I did after combining both Plagg and Tikki in order to make the ultimate wish, the wish for Paris to forevermore be free from the terror of Shadowmoth.

My eyes were bloodshot and empty, my skin pale and sickly, and my heart ripped in shreds.

"Mari? Can I come in?" Chloe whispered just behind the bathroom door, uncertainty lacing every note in her voice. Reminding myself not to snap at her like I did before, knowing she would understand far better than anyone else, I whispered, "You can come in, Queenie."

"The katana mutt said you could borrow these until we go shopping for new clothes. Obviously, I told him to fuck off and sent the butler to get you proper clothes when I saw it was his shirt he wanted you to wear. Bloody caveman, that mutt!" Chloe rambled as she placed a set of pink pajamas on the counter next to me.

"He does seem possessive, doesn't he?" I joked lightly, testing to see if she was still angry at me for lashing out. Thankfully, she only gave me a 'No, shit.' look before leaving the bathroom again.

Dressing quickly, I shyly made my way into the guest bedroom, only to find Chloe seated on the bed, phone out and texting away.

"Are you...?"

"I'm not mad at you, Bug. That alley cat should pray not to cross my path, mind you. Neither is anyone else. In fact, I think they are all plotting revenge as we speak." Chloe answered, putting her phone away and looking up at me. "You are strong, Mari. Stronger than any person on this Earth, and I'm sorry I forgot that. I was worried and should have given you more time to process, but—"

"It's fine, Queenie. I'm sorry I took my anger out on you and them when I was just angry at myself for being weak. I'm a superhero. I'm Ladybug. And I forgot that these last few days because of how happy I am to be here. Forgive me?" I explained, cutting her off before she could blame herself for my actions.

Chloe only gave me a wicked grin before standing up and holding out her pinky, "We are warriors, we are queens."

Chloe started off saying, making me copy her stance and loop my pinky with hers.

"We make the world kneel while sipping caffeine," I finished our motto before we both started giggling and hugging each other tightly.

"You okay, Mini-bug?" Plagg asked as he floated up slowly to meet my eyes, Tikki nowhere to be seen.