Accidents Happen

Hector walked into the park restroom with the little girl at his side. Violet was ready to get changed out of this stinky pull up and get put into a new one. Hector picked her up before setting her down on the changing table. He took a long, deep breath breath, before ripping the sides of her pull up. The smell was putrid, even to Violet. Hector's nose wrinkled in disgust, but he didn't say anything. Violet laid there, waiting. Hector opened the backpack, before pulling another pull up and a package of wipes out. He began by removing the soiled pull up and throwing it on the trash, before wiping down the child. It was cold. The wet wipes made Violet's privates freeze as she waited for Hector to put a new pull up on her. He opened the pull up and looked it over with confusion. "Which side is the front?" He asked no one in particular. He looked to Violet who just shrugged. Hector reasoned that the side with more printing was the front, so he slip the diaper on his sister and helped her off the changing table. Hector would never admit it, but seeing his baby sister standing there helplessly in just a pull up was adorable. He helped her get her dress back on, before they both washed their hands and left the bathroom.

Violet held Hector's hand, as they walked back to the other boys. "Aww, aren't you such a good big brother?" Will teased as they approach. Hector just glared at him with annoyance. Violet's tummy grumbled. "I'm hungry." She wined. "Ok, ok. Let's go get something to eat." Henry sighed, as he got up from the picnic table and began walking back to the car. Hector sat his sister in the car seat before attempting to click her in. He struggled with the car seat before Will pushed him aside. "Step aside, let the professionals through." He said, before dramatically cracking his knuckles. Violet giggled at her brother's silliness, but Hector just rolled his eyes. William effortlessly clicked all the buckles in place, before climbing in himself. Hector and Glen both looked at each other, before climbing in themselves.

"Will you play with me!?" Violet asked Glen and William excitedly. "Sure, Vi." Glen smiled happily, as they followed the little girl to her room. Henry and Hector were in the kitchen, cleaning up from lunch. "Those two love that girl to pieces." Henry smiled, as he washed one of the plates. Hector nodded in agreement, as he put one of the bowls in the cupboard. "Even you're starting to soften up to her." Henry smirked, as he glanced at Hector. "Oh, what makes you think that?" Hector said, as he tried to hide the fact that his little sister was adorable. "Don't act like I couldn't see the way you look at her." Henry laughed a bit. "How did he notice that? I didn't even notice that!" Hector thought to himself. "Do you have work tomorrow?" Henry changed the subject. "Oh, uh... Yeah I think. Tomorrow's Monday right?" Henry's question interrupted his thoughts. "Yes. Tomorrow's Monday." Henry affirmed. "Yeah, I work tomorrow." Hector nodded. "Mmm, ok." Henry handed him another plate to dry and put in the cupboard. Hector couldn't stop thinking about his sister. She was captivatingly adorable, but he didn't want to make himself look soft. Hector composed himself once more. He vowed to himself to protect her, at all costs.