Movie Night

Carter and Violet cleared the dishes off the table. "Alrighty, Vi." Carter said, as he put a stool next to the counter so she could reach. "So, as I wash the dishes, you can dry them off and Will can put them away. Ok?" Carter instructed. "Yes." She nodded enthusiastically. "What should we watch?" Glen asked Hector, as he flipped through a few movies. "I don't know. Something kid friendly." Hector shrugged. "Like what?" Glen said, as he set a stack of DVDs on the shelf. "Ooh. Outbreak." Glen said, as he held up the case. "Absolutely not." Henry shouted, as he made some popcorn. "Oh, probably not for a kid." Glen said, sheepishly, as he put the case back. Violet dried another dish, before handing it to William. "Star Wars?" Glen suggested. "Do we even own that?" William asked. "Uh, yeah. Episode three is the best movie ever." Glen said, sarcastically. "I prefer episode four." Carter chimed in. "Finding Nemo?" Glen shouted from the living room. "Yeah!" Violet grinned as she hopped up and down excitedly. Carter looked down at the little girl with a smile. "Ok, Finding Nemo then?" Glen confirmed. Hector just shrugged. "Sure, why not." Henry said, as he salted the popcorn. "Yay!" Violet shouted joyously. "Alright, little princess. We got to get the dishes done first, then take a bath." Carter told her. "Aww..." Violet's excitement deflated. "Don't worry, they won't start it without you." Carter assure her. "Ok..." Violet groaned.

    Carter ripped one side of her pull up and then the other, before letting it plot to the floor. The five year old stood there naked, as Carter filled the bathtub with warm water. "Can you add bubbles?" Violet asked with a glint in her crystal blue eyes. "Yes, Vi. I'm getting there." He chuckled as he added the bubbles to the water. "Ready?" Carter asked, as he turned off the water. "Yep!" She smiled. Carter picked her up, before setting her in the warwater. The warm water felt good on Violet's soft, sensitive skin. She blew bubbles in the bathwater, as Carter shampooed her wavy, blonde hair. "What's your favorite movie?" Violet asked, as she played with a small rubber ducky. "I don't know. I don't usually have time to watch movies. This is a rare occurrence." Carter shrugged. "What's occurrence?" Violet was the curious type. "It means when something occurs, or like when something happens." Carter rinsed her hair out, before moving to wash her tiny body. "Are you scared of anything?" Violet's question seemed out of place and took Carter by surprise. "Well..." Carter didn't know how to answer. "Loosing one of you." He answered. "One of who?" "You, Henry, Glen, William, or Hector. I love you all very much and never want to loose you." Carter smiled, before washing her delicate legs and feet. "My biggest fear was the dark, but I'm not afraid any more. Wanna know why?" Violet smiled. "Why is that, princess?" Carter rinsed her feet and toes off. "Because you're not afraid of the dark, so I don't have to be either!" Violet said, triumphantly. Carter wished life were that simple for him, wishing all his fears could just melt away. "Ready to get out?" He stroked her wet hair. "Yes." She nodded. Carter drained the water, and helped Violet out of the tub, before drying her off. "Alrighty, let's get this diaper on you." Carter said, as he unfolded the fresh diaper. Violet laid down, before Carter slipped the pamper under her bum, and tapped it shut over her parts. "Alright, pajamas." Carter said, as he helped the toddler into her fuzzy pj's. He picked her up, and carried her out to the living room.

    Carter's eyes burt with exhaust. Thankfully, Violet wanted to sit with William, giving him a chance to rest. The movie made no real sense, and all he could think about was sleep. "You all good, man?" Henry asked with concern. "Oh, uh. Yeah. I'm just exhausted." Carter rubbed his eyes. "No shi-" Henry caught his tongue. "No kidding, you look worn out. You should go to bed." Henry told him. Carter tried to think of an excuse to stay up, but couldn't think of one. "Alright, fine. Are you sure you can handle everything?" Carter asked one last time. "Yes! Now go, before I drag you to bed." Henry playfully hit his arm. Carter chuckled, before heading to his bedroom. "Goodnight everyone!"