Chapter six

~
Villagers are seen bringing a monk to a tree outside their village, which has a seal around it; they explain it was once a demon tree named Yōmeiju that ate humans and demons alike, but was sealed long ago by a powerful priestess (possibly Kikyō). However, new buds have begun appearing on the demon's branches, an ill omen. The monk quells the villagers' fear by saying he will repair the seal. However, the moment he's within close proximity of the tree, it comes to life capturing him in roots and spraying a purple goo on him. The monk screams as the liquid dissolves him.

Inuyasha's group has just been informed of this by the villagers, who have been too afraid of going near Yōmeiju out of fear of being eaten.

Arriving a safe distance from Yōmeiju, everyone wonders how it can be coming back to life; Miroku notes the original seal has not been undone.

Kagome sees a Shikon Jewel shard in it, thus explaining the impossibility.

Noting that Naraku has been generous with handing out shards lately, Inuyasha draws Tessaiga and sends out a Wind Scar blast.

However, the blast is repelled by a barrie , but not from Yōmeiju - it's Naraku. Yōmeiju comes to life, saying that it hasn't had demon in a long time its vines are surprisingly able to pierce Naraku's barrier. Naraku taunts Inuyasha, saying it's the perfect time to strike him
Naraku then looks towards flora and grabs hold of her with his tentacles as she screams naraku brings her close .
" I told you I was going to get you ." He whispers into her ear flora struggles as the others try to help but it is useless.

" let her go you bastard !" Inyuasha says furiously enraged as flora was being wrapped around him as naraku chuckled lightly .

" I rather not but don't worry I'll be sure to give her back when I'm done ." He says as inyuasha attacks him again but is knocked back as musa and Stella catches him.
" your going

Kagome aims her spiritual arrow at him but he uses the girls as a shield resulting in making kagome put it down not wanting to kill her best friends in the process.
" your not getting away with this !" Aisha says .
" I already did ." He comments back

Before Naraku and Yōmeiju fly upwards. Shippō thinks Yōmeiju is flying but Miroku corrects him explaining Naraku is taking Yōmeiju with him.

Yōmeiju tries to eat Naraku but this makes it easier for Naraku to absorb. Surprisingly, Naraku then flees without a fight.

Miroku is then left confused .

" what was the purpose of Naraku eating Yōmeiju?" Tecna says completely confused.
" who cares he has them !" Inyuasha says angry . He couldn't protect her .
" we'll get bloom and flora back ." Stella says looking over at inyuasha who was to pissed to listen .

Meanwhile, Kōga is trying to track down Mōryōmaru but instead runs into Kikyō and Kohaku. He hides, however Kikyō senses his shards.

At that moment, Mōryōmaru bursts out of the cliff, causing Kikyō to fall over the edge.

Despite three shards that could increase his power being near, Mōryōmaru doesn't bother with them, and continues flying away.

Kōga rushes down to Kikyō, believing he was too late to save her. However, as she's not truly alive, Kikyō survived she picks herself up and greets Kōga. She explains it's best for Kōga to give up his shards, making Kōga believe that Kikyō is crazy.