Chapter seven

~

Koga decides to stay with Inuyasha's group thanking Kagome for treating his injuries.

Inuyasha tells Kōga to give up his shards making Kōga retort that he sounds just like Kikyō he guesses it's because they used to date.

Inuyasha draws Tessaiga and Kōga blocks it with his hands.
" inyuasha." Flora warns as kagome yells at inuyasha to stop acting like a child before someone gets hurt .

" we shouldn't be rough housing in a Time like this ." Tune chastises the boys as they ignored her continuing.

" I don't think they care ." Musa replied watching flora and kagome hold off inyuasha and koga away from each other .

Cherie then gets upset at thier antics and zaps both of them with a strike of lightning as both boys fall to the floor .

" hey!" Koga shouted in pain as inyuasha hit over the head once more telling him to shut up as koga retaliated by kicking him back .

Meanwhile Kikyō works on healing Miroku explaining to Sango that she is taking the miasma he sucked into the Wind Tunnel into herself to be purified.

However, Kohaku knows that Kikyō is lying she is already being consumed from within by Naraku's miasma, and taking in the miasma killing Miroku will only make Kikyō's condition worse.

Sango remarks on the irony that Kikyō will risk her own life to save Miroku from death, yet she seems to be leading Kohaku to his; Kikyō simply responds that she is saving anyone she is able to.

Elsewhere, Naraku has returned to the remains of Mount Hakurei, where Onigumo's voice greets him; Naraku explains Kikyō was there when he took back the Infant, and Kohaku's shard was emitting a frightfully pure light. He then realized Kikyō was waiting for him to take the shards of Kōga and Kohaku, so she could purify his soul.

Onigumo laughs Naraku now has need of the human heart he despised so much, that he abandoned and buried underground.

Some of the clumps of flesh bubble to the surface of the water, taking the form of Naraku's head. It floats into Naraku's hand, saying that a human heart must not be so bad after all as all, with its' base desires and negative emotions. Although Onigumo's heart might have once hindered Naraku, it is no longer necessary for him to strike Kikyō down personally all he has to do to ensure her death, is to weaken her spiritual powers to the point that she cannot close her wounds anymore, and Onigumo's corrupting influence is an easy way to accomplish that and darken Kohaku's shard. Onigumo takes the sharp of a spider and burrows into his arm. Naraku thinks to himself that Onigumo is right there is no better weapon than the negative emotions that bind him to Kikyō and Inuyasha.

Miroku awakens after Kikyō has taken in all the miasma from him she warns that if he uses the Wind Tunnel to suck in miasma, the wounds will spread once again and if the scars reach his heart, he'll die. Miroku decides to keep this a secret from Sango; she has enough to worry about with Kohaku, his own problems are something he doesn't want to bother her. Kikyō departs with Kohaku after Inuyasha makes her promise to look after him.

Flora wakes up and notices Inuyasha deep in thought and a spider web.

Later, while Kikyō and Kohaku are traveling, she notices spider webs, which Kikyō immediately recognizes as something created by Naraku; they don't affect ordinary people walking through them, meaning they are meant for her. She keeps the webs from touching herself and Kohaku thanks to a barrier. Since he cannot get Kikyō through direct means, Naraku does something utterly despicable; he entangles a little girl in his webs, rendering her unconscious. Kikyō is sickened by this, realizing he will stop at nothing to make her touch the webs. She uses butterfly familiars to break the webs, but no sooner does this happen, a web springs out in front of her as Kikyō is caught.