Chapter eight

~
Flora falls from the sky of Mount Azusa but Inuyasha catches her. Flora realizes that the Kikyō she faced was a phantom created by her heart.
Flora looks up inyuasha while in his arms she didn't know if he was real or not so she decided to test it by
Touching his face with both hands. As inyuasha looked down at her confused.

" your really here ." Flora wrapped her arms around his neck .
" yeah ." Inyuasha whispered happy that she's ok .

" I'm so sorry." Flora cried as inyuasha holds her close .
" it's okay." Inyuasha responded genuinely but flora looks at him in tears .
" please don't cry !" Inyuasha panicked A little not sure how to help .

Flora then stops and notices Naraku's spider webs are heading for the foot of the mountain.

At the bottom of Mount Azusa, Kikyō tells everyone to run  but they don't listen. Naraku begins taking her away, but Miroku grabs Kikyō, allowing him to see the webs.

Naraku laugh and entangles everyone in his webs. Inuyasha and flora  arrive at the bottom mountain moments later, only to find everyone gone except for kagome and bloom who was very weak leaning on kagome for support.
" she's getting worse ." Kagome says .

Kirara transforms to carry Miroku, tecna , Aisha,Stella ,Sango and Shippō to safety while Kōga lands near by .Kikyō is pulled by the webs, into Naraku's left arm he asks her what it's like to die in the arms of the one who she hates.

His form is also different, having abandoned much of his bone armor.

Kōga summons the Goraishi and attacks aslaunching an energy blast at Naraku, but it is blocked by an adamant shield. Miroku cautions Kōga, explaining he should save his strength.

Kōga doesn't listen and continues to fight Naraku, who says he cannot evade forever.

Kikyō notices that Kōga's shards are glowing with a pure light ,Midoriko is purifying them.

If Naraku took in those shards, he would be purified along with the jewel Kikyō herself would also be purified thanks to the webs connecting her to Naraku.

Naraku taunts Kikyō, telling her it must be hard for her to watch him take the final shards. Kikyō taunts Naraku in return, telling him it won't matter when Inuyasha arrives.

Elsewhere, flora  explains to Inuyasha about the illusion of Kikyō she faced on Mount Azusa it was the version of Kikyō right after her resurrection, being hateful and trying to kill them. Inuyasha tells flora  that Kikyō isn't like that anymore however, flora  says that somewhere in her heart she must still see Kikyō as that scary person.

Inuyasha tells flora  that her heart is pure by her desire to save Kikyō .

" I hope you're right ." Flora whispers.

Kagome then adds that she is starting to get worried about Kōga.

They rush towards dark clouds in the horizon caused by Naraku's demonic presence.

In the meantime, Kōga finds his legs are freezing up thanks to Midoriko's poor timing and becomes weakened by Naraku's miasma.

Naraku captures Kōga just as Kikyō planned she won't die in his arms.