After the merge -Who else is missing?-

Skylor leaned against the side of the new destiny's bounty.

"After the older one was destroyed, we had this one made." Kai explained. Skylor smiled at the ship.

"Man, everything Pixal makes is always such great quality." She said. "Where is she?"

"Uh... Pixal didn't make this, Lloyd and Sora did." He said awkwardly. "And we have no idea where Pixal is."

This caught Skylor by surprise. She stood up straight and looked at kai.

"What do you mean? Is she missing too?" She asked. Kai nodded his head. "Oh, that must be so difficult for Zane to deal with."

Kai nodded solemnly. Then he laughed. Which was a weird reaction.

"Yeah, haha. He carries around this broom he put a picture of Pixal on. He talks to it." He snickered. "I mean it's cute, but it also is a little weird."

Skylor smiled in a more amused way.

"Do you have a picture of me on a broom too?" Skylor asked. Kai shook his head.

"No, I think it was a dustpan." He giggled. Skylor also laughed.

Skylor turned around and faced the sky. She could see the brighter stars beginning to reveal themselves. She watched the last bit of sunlight illuminate the horizon in a purplish pink.

"What happened to you guys when the merge hit?" Skylor asked.

Kai also turned around.

"We were out saving the people of Ninjago from falling into rifts, we weren't able to save everyone. And then there was this big burst of energy, and we all disappeared into separate realms." Kai said. "I thought I was alone, but so did everyone else. I bet you thought that as well at least once."

Skylor lowered her head. Looking at her hands.

"Yeah, I was blasted into one of those portal things when I was trying to escape the island, there was chaos everywhere... a giant boulder crushed my fathers-... my temple..." She sighed. "...Really frustrating knowing I didn't have power over any of it."

Kai reached out and put a supportive hand on Skylor's shoulder. Skylor turned to look at him.

"None of us did." He said. "But we're not alone anymore, we know we all have each other now."

Skylor liked when Kai was serious about things. He usually had a immature, funny, and charming personality about him, which skylor didn't mind at all (she kind of liked that about him). But it was nice whenever he was other things, like courageous or helpful. Or in this case; understanding.

"Yeah." Skylor said. "We do."

there was a silent moment between the two, it wasnt akwrd or anything. neither of them needed to speak. skylor looked up at a large pink streak in the stars. the sky had gotten so weird since the merge.

"oh!" Kai said excited, shifting moods. "i've got to tell you about this kid!"

Skylor looked over to Kai. What kid..?

"Oh yeah? whos this 'kid'?" Skylor asked amused.

"Its this kid im mentoring. her name is wyldfire, youd totally love her." he said.

Skylor laughed.

"you? mentoring kids?" Skylor asked. She didnt think him to be the type to teach kids compleatly willingly. 

he looked a little hurt at the statement. skylor stopped smiling. he was serious and she was being rude.

"sorry." Skylor said.

"no-no-, I was totally against it too! I actually thought she was pretty annoying. so even worse of a situation, right?" he said nervously. He broke into to smile. "but shes totally grown on me ...makes me wish I had a kid, y'know?"

This wyldfire kid had to be something if what kai was saying how he really felt about stuff like that. Skylor had rarely thought about stuff like that. she already assumed if she ws ever a mom, shed probably be a terrible parent. after being manipulated by her father into thinking that he loved her, she didnt have any good parental role models to base off of.

she didnt want to be thinking about her father, or the island for that matter, so she decided to talk about what Kai had been doing since the merge on the way to the monastery.