After the merge -smelled like snakes-

Kai was carrying out some of Jay's things, he crossed past the entrance of the monastery, he caught a glimpse of wyldfire sulking in the training yard. He stopped and walked out to talk to her. When he sat down next to her, she pouted.

"Hey, Wyldfire, you okay?"

"Pfft- no." She huffed. "You have stupid choices in friends."

Kai chuckled.

"I don't expect you to like everyone ever." He shrugged. "But I don't think you should have to-"

"She's not even a dragon!" Wyldfire continued. "I thought she was like me somehow, she has red hair too, me and Heatwave have red scales and hair, so I thought that was the theme."

"Do you really think everyone with red hair has been raised by dragons?" Kai laughed.

"Don't laugh at me, I didn't know!" Wyldfire said. "Besides, she doesn't smell like dragon, anyway."

"Yeah? What does she smell like, then?" Kai asked.

"Hm... she smells like snakes." She said. "Wingless dragons, I call 'em."

Kai nodded.

"Did you know she turned into a snake once?" Kai said.

"I don't believe it." Wyldfire said. Kai shook his head.

"No, really! A big purple snake!" He exclaimed. "An anacondri!"

"A ana- what?"

"Nothing, just the most powerful serpentine to ever exist." Kai sighed like it was boring.

"That sounds pretty cool." Wyldfire admitted.

"Well she definitely hated it." Kai said. "But she had this tattoo, and her father did a spell thingy, and-"

"Uh... can you make it shorter?" Wyldfire asked. "I'm not good with stories..."

"Okay..." Kai said. "I'll start at the beginning."

"After a huge fight with the overlord, we lost Zane when he sacrificed himself." He sighed, remembering the pain he and his brothers had gone through. "After a while of separation, Lloyd rounded us up again, to Y'know, try and get the gang back together."

Kai laughed, remembering that stupid wrestling outfit he had worn.

"Well?!" Wyldfire insisted. "Continue!"

"Right, right, sorry." Kai said. "After we had a meal together, we ended up chasing this guy that led us to an alleyway. And that is where we were given an invitation to a game that if we won, we would get Zane back."

"What game?" Wyldfire asked. "How did they have Zane?!"

"We don't know how they got him..." Kai admitted.

"What. Game." Wyldfire persisted.

"It was called, the tournament of elements..." Kai said with a twinkle in his eyes. "Super cool and mysterious, right?"

"That sounds stupid."

...

"But keep going."