Chapter 4: Dilemma

-This includes some excerpts from the comics-

"Is there anything much faster than this?!" Bigby asked impatiently as his tone raised every second the car will put on a halt, he wouldn't stop complaining. The traffic did not ease up as some of the reckless drivers speed up past the limit. The cars giddily weave through traffic, ignoring the rules.

The situation made their time crucial, considering that they hardly pass through the designated road. It made Bigby extremely mad. One of the games fate loves to play with him.

Snow is laid in his arms with no signs of life. Swineheart had already considered it as her death right at the moment when her pulse had stopped.

It was already a miracle that she managed to stay awake despite being shot two times. Not to mention, the bullets passed through her body which makes her condition more inevitable to death.

But, Bigby didn't believe it. She's alive and she is in his arms right now. She is safe and peaceful. She will no longer get hurt as he is there to protect her no matter what. He almost lost his mind.

Swineheart looked at the rear mirror and observed him. He hadn't given up on her even though it is crystal clear she had already passed away. His eyes that is filled with hurt, are fixed to her bloodless face, caressing her deep raven hair and rubbing her arms as if she would be in the state to receive the warmth. He is blinded in denial and disbelief.

After a long amount of time and a few exchanged curses with the mundy drivers, they had reached the old and secret hospital that the fables have in the heart of New York City.

Swineheart is the head physician who treated fables for centuries, of course, he is also treating mundies. Just that there is a restricted wing for the fables respectively.

As soon as they took off, the nurses had a ready stretcher outside the emergency room. A blonde,unattractive and fat woman, who appeared to be the head nurse, approached them to help.

"Mrs. Sprat, take her to the ICU as soon as possible." Doctor Swineheart demanded as they placed Snow White at the stretcher and ran inside the hospital. Bigby ran along before Swineheart stopped his tracks.

"You can't enter the hospital like this, plenty of mundies are inside. Majority of the people working here are not like us. Here, take these." He whispered and handed him his creased shirt and tie, which is drenched in her own blood.

He hesitantly put it on as her scent stayed on it, but not the ones he loved. It was the scent from her own blood. The blood that she needed to be alive.

The route to the room was quite abominable; the mundies looked at him with confusion and sometimes, fear. He looked intimidating. He didn't care that much, though. His mind was clouded with awful thoughts and worries. Bigby knew it, but wouldn't admit. Never.

Just when they arrived at the dull and cold room, Swineheart was wearing the light blue scrubs and the latex gloves. He looked at the high-trained nurses and nodded at them. He then turned the doorknob and entered the room, pushing the stretcher inside.

Bigby took one last look at Snow as the metal doors closed in front of him. He putted his hands on his head and paced back and forth at the dull white hallway. There were no mundies outside as it is highly restricted which is somehow a relief to him.

Bigby's POV

She's not dead. She can't be. She won't leave me alone. Fuck it, Snow. Just why the fuck does this need to happen! I shouted in my head as I clenched my fist tightly. This whole damn hospital just isn't helping at all. I must do something.

I can't stay here waiting and knocking my ass down. I need to get that fucker who did this to her and I'm gonna make him taste his own medicine. That scumbag just fucked with the wrong person.

That asshole will be begging for mercy from a rock.