Chapter 2: To The Ropes Of Hell

↞《⊱✟⊰》↠

↞《⊱✟⊰》↠

At some point of time, around the area of the emperor's private secret meeting room held within the palace wall. A man with a long beard and wearing formal military attire was looking at the top, with his secretaries currently active.

The man raised his voice and he looked at them. "Gentleman, we receive a retrial for the criminal, Catholy Val Roqueves, it came from Grand Duke Valentine himself."

He started and all of the others looked at him. "That imbecile woman who tried to kill the Crown Princess?" one of the secretaries asked and he nodded.

"A shocking news is it not? She was supposed to be executed in three months, but some Grand Duke of the barbaric mountain was raising a flag to reopen a criminal's trial."

Of course he's insulting Valentine, who wouldn't be surprised, he hated them so much. Though that was because Valentine is rightfully heir to the empire's monarchy system, he is afraid that they will take the throne by force.

Besides, who wouldn't think that the child who became a sacrifice for the Crown Prince position would lead to such a mess. Not only that, how is she a Duke's daughter acquainted with a barbaric lord?

It's clear that they are backing her up, but how did she know about them? It was weird, yet it was also rather odd. Though Roqueves is far west, they have hated Valentine's. So, how could she know them? Is it betrayal? Or something more.

"Anyhow, we cannot keep a wreck who tried to kill our Crown Princess, do you not think so gentleman?" He asked them and everyone agreed.

He cannot keep her alive, that is for sure. If Valentine gets involved with her, she will attain freedom—because Valentine is more than a family of black sheep. They are far from achieving what they want, and if they want truth, they can find it.

Keeping Catholy as a fiance of the bastard prince was the only way he could succeed. Now the empress didn't like his bastard son from a maid who became a concubine, the empress is against his bidding so she decided to lock herself up and remain natural.

She wasn't the problem, nothing less, beside the support of the Roqueves Faction, it wouldn't be too fictional to say that their daughter served her purpose. However, today she must not cease to exist.

"Let's rush her dead row," one of them—or perhaps the father of the Crown Princess mumbled.

It was easier to dispose of her now than waiting for her savior to come. This is likely the only way the Crown Prince can successfully inherit his crown.

"Tomorrow, at 8 in the morning, the wrecked criminal, Catholy Val Roqueves will meet her end by—" he paused and a devious smile appeared on his face. "Hanged to death!"

『━━✣━━』

It took Kalester a day to finally find a witness that can prove Catholy's innocence. Now, he was able to convince them to testify and he promised them protection in case someone will go after their lives. He was relieved to know that his efforts didn't go to waste.