Chapter 8: Not A Bad Choice

↞《⊱✟⊰》↠

Not once did the emperor think about his decision. He thought, he sent him to fail, but he misunderstood the power whom Kalester Valentine held. Demotion to a detective, he looked at the entrance of the palace, and he slightly laughed, following with footsteps behind him.

The man behind bowed their head, and they kneeled as they left the palace. "Young Master," one of them called, and Kalester blankly stared at the sky.

"How is the procedure?" he asked.

"It's a bit complicated, but nothing we can't handle," replied the man following him.

"Good," he nodded and smiled. "Let us set a stage then."

He paused and turned around. "Send a temporary spies to Catholy's current location, see her to no harm, or else the punishment will be severe."

They all nodded, responding with the same reply before they disappeared from his sight. Now that every plan he had in mind might be interrupted, he had no choice but to give it up.

He planned on slowly devouring the emperor and taking Catholy out before he might destroy the Royal Family. Now, he has no right to do that—Catholy is alive, and she remembers everything.

It is up to her decision, whether to take revenge, or whatever she may want in this lifetime. All he wants is to guide her, as she forges her own destiny. This time, everything will be different—Catholy does not know the mental health he had gone through over the years since she died.

He fell into the abyss, but she was nowhere to be found. In fact, he was already tainted by the malice of his curse. It won't be long till he subdues within that darkness, and his devil may overcome him.

The only hope that is keeping him sane was Catholy and her very existence. This empire does not matter for him, so long as she remains alive but if she loves this dear empire, he has no choice but to support her. As long as they don't repeat the same mistake and kill her.

It appears so that a trigger is all he needs to completely become insane. No matter what he does, darkness will follow him even in this lifetime. Can he be born evil within? This can't be, even if he's insane, would she accept him now? Or will she run away from him.

No, even if she runs away, he will find her wherever she may be. He will fight the empire for her, if she doesn't want him knowing his insanity, she has no choice but to remain in his palm.

『━━✣━━』

Life in the palace was harsh, but I had no choice hence to live a life full of it. One must become strong to survive, today—no this is after, he or my fiance decided to hold our meeting in the Palace Garden, which is only accessible by the Royal Family.