Chapter 7: Breaking My Engagement

↞《⊱✟⊰》↠

"I need you to leave," I mumbled and stood up. He who was silently sitting beside, marched his body and he immediately stood as well.

"What? Why!?" I do understand why he came, but our relationship cannot be known. It will be harder for me to break off a royal engagement if they find out about us secretly meeting in this place.

"Because, you are a distraction," I said and looked away.

"That's not an explanation I can accept, it's either you becoming a traitor with me, or me destroying this empire to ashes," I looked at him in surprise.

What the heck is wrong with this guy!? How can he say that with a grin written in his face!? No, what's more, he might actually do it. I underestimated how crazy he is-the Grand Duke once told me that.

"You shall remember that there is a limit to your craziness-" I coldly mumbled and I breathed out. "I am going to break my engagement to the Second Prince, so be patient and wait properly! However, I need you to stay out of the Royal Family's eye for awhile, I am being monitored, everything I do can affect my plan of breaking a Royal Engagement."

It's not as easy as it looks, but since it is a proposal from his majesty, I had to make sure breaking my engagement is not just for a naught. The emperor can try to stop me if I have no reason, and he will say. 'You don't need too,' and if I refuse, people will think I am merely doing this for attention.

My current reputation has been tarnished ever since I was courted-no, it has become worse ever since I got engaged to the Second Prince. I thought people were just jealous, I believed in the ladies who told me so.

I was not that stupid, I knew but I tried to deny it knowing that the Second Prince chose me. Then, it began, people gossip about me bullying Lady Clarissa because she was close to Daniel.

Everything went upside down, and all I knew was that I was being pointed as the mastermind behind her poisoning. I was never involved, but some of the evidence became proof of that. It pinned me in the corner, and tied me up from defending myself.

Uncanny is it not? The proof that the emperor did really massacre his entire family in order to attain greater power. "Well, the security in this place is very tight, but I'll be able to fix that in a few days."

I shook my head. "No, wait, I can guarantee a day," he looked at me confused. "I'll be able to convince Daniel-the Second Prince to let me leave the palace, after all we are not yet married, I still have the right to leave the palace. This way, I can do things outside with freedom, nor without thinking about watchers behind my back."

He silently looked down and he carefully breathed out. "I can lay low now knowing you're safe, but to be sure, I'll send a spy beside you-in case you might be in danger."