Chapter 11: Kalester's Abnormal Behavior

↞《⊱✟⊰》↠

"Sire!"

Suddenly, the door bangs open, revealing the butler who's face was covered in sweat.

He looks like he was on a rush, who run for a miles to get here, after he pace through the room, following with his struggle to breath, he took a second to ease up.

"Venedict, what's wrong?" the duke, Helton asked.

"Sire, a visitor was here, he wants to meet you all!" he held the side of his chest and he breathed all of the air in his lungs.

Although, they just look at him confused. "Who is it?" he asked.

Venedict stiffly mumbled. "It's a man whose name, Kalester, sire, he said—"

*Swoshh!*

『━━✣━━』

I did not let the butler finish his sentence, as soon as I heard that name, I gradually knew who came to visit. I have told Kalester about my plan, and I sent a message stating that I succeeded but I never thought he came to visit.

What if spies from the Imperial Family were roaming around and saw him here? What will they think? If this is going to be reported, I might lose my chance to break my engagement.

Damn, I told him to be careful when visiting me! I should have banned him from approaching for a while. I know nothing about Kalester, like he is to me—but I have long known his stubbornness.

"Holy!?"

I heard my father and brother's footsteps following me from behind. Even when he asked me to stop, my feet won't let me, and I rushed through the hall where I saw the stairs from a distance.

I remained still, ignoring my unladylike appearance, once I saw the grand hall from the second floor, I reached for the handle and saw as I expected, Kalester's smiling face appeared before me.

『━━✣━━』

She did not expect his presence this day, looking at him only made her annoyed. She asked him to be careful, and he came announcing his visit.

It upset her, he was there and she knew that she wants to hug him tightly, but their situation is different from the past—no, the future, she is still a fiance to someone else and if people find out, that another man was visiting her, she will be called a cheater instead of her fiance.

That aside, Kalester waved his hand but Catholy was not happy—until both Eris and the Duke caught up with her, whose face darkened.

"Young Lord of the Valentine," her father mumbled as he looked at him from above. "What owe us your visit?"