Chapter 13

Ian decided to drive around until we found the best club, Mystic. I felt nervous as he held my hand while we walked towards the bouncer.

"Ah Ian, long time no see man!" He cracked a smile and let us go through.

We walked to the VIP section and I tensed up. There were a lot of people here, especially at the bar located in the back. He led me to a small table and we sat down.

"Who's going to drive us back home if we're both going to drink tonight?" I yelled over the loud music. He shrugged and I rolled my eyes before looking around.

A young man walked up to us, looking a bit intimidated.

"Do you guys want any drinks?" He asked us casually.

"Give me your best drink." I told him and he nodded.

"I'll have a margarita!" Ian smiled and bumped my shoulder. The man wrote the drinks down walked away to the bar,

I curiously looked around this club and started tapping to the beat of the current song. Oddly, I started feeling like something bad was going to happen.

I felt Ian's phone vibrate in my purse and I raised an eyebrow. His hand pulled mine back as he eagerly opened my purse and grabbed his phone. I sighed.

The man came back and placed our drinks on the table, winking at me.

"Thanks!" I grinned at him. I glanced behind my shoulder and noticed Ian was on the phone. Angrily, I picked up my drink and swallowed it immediately. The burning sensation I felt in my throat felt like pure bliss.

"Boyfriend?" The bartender guy asked me. I shrugged and he sighed.

"It's complicated." He laughed at my comment and looked over at Ian, who wasn't paying attention.

"Seriously, is he ignoring you Miss?" He asked full of disbelief.

"He's always on his phone, by the way, the name's Cristina." I offered a smile at him and his eyes widened.

"Marcus." He recovered quickly and smiled. I stared at him a bit longer. His face seemed so familiar, I just don't know why.

"Wait a second, I remember you!" Marcus pulled a seat next to mine. A smirk appeared on his lips and he rubbed his jaw. I know that smirk from somewhere!

"Why hello Dimples!" My first instinct was to hug him. We went to the same high school until senior year, and dated from seventh to tenth grade.

"What the hell is going on?" Ian's sharp voice startled me. Now he wants to pay attention to me?

"Am I not allowed to hug him?" I snapped at Ian, who seemed shocked. I feel like everyone from my old country is starting to follow me here, what a coincidence!

"Oh look, we're both your exes and we're hanging out, how awkward!" Marcus laughed and held onto his stomach.

"This was supposed to be our night!" Ian whined in my ear and I pushed him away.

"Alright I'm interrupting something, I'm gonna go back to work, text me sometime babe!" Marcus winked and walked away from us.

"You're always on your phone." I glared at Ian and he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I am? Sorry, people keep congratulating me." He replied sarcastically and rolled his eyes. He noticed how gloomy I seemed and his eyes softened.

"Want to leave?" He asked and I nodded. I got up and froze when the bartender from over a month ago walked in.

"He's here." I tapped Ian numerous times and pointed at the guy, who made eye contact with me.

Seriously, everything in my life is going well so far and he has to mess things up!

He walked over to us with a serious look on his face. I held Ian back and he tightened his grip on my arm.

"Listen, I'm not here to do anything to you." He sighed and continued speaking. "I've never done that before and I have no idea why I even attempted to take advantage of you, but when I told my friend what happened he punched me in the face and told me to apologize to you."

"Who's your friend?" I asked him, sort of relieved he seemed harmful.

"Marcus." He replied and Ian cleared his throat.

Was I being setup? I held onto Ian for support, this cannot be happening.

••••••••••••••••

Graduating tomorrow !