8: Reach Out To You

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

Hermione felt her lips curling down to a small frown when she walked into the Great Hall, the daily smirk that she hated not greeting her. She shook her head, realising she was getting all worked up over a girl she just met.

"What's this?" questioned Hermione as she sat down, Ginny handing her a sealed letter. She felt her heart jump as she read, noticing the familiar handwriting. "(Y/N)." she breathed out, unable to hide her smile.

Meet me at your locker after breakfast.

"Since when were you guys in first name terms?" asked Ron, scoffing in disbelief. "What? Did she drug you with a love potion as well? She's not even all that, Mione—"

The Gryffindor shut him up with a simple kiss on the lips. Ron seemed satisfied and dropped the topic. Hermione ate quickly and rushed out of the Great Hall to her locker, hoping to speak to (Y/N). Finally, she reached her destination.

Her locker had the words Pillow Princess spray painted on it, several other names such as Control Freak, Miss-Know-It-All, Miss-Little-Perfect, Mudblood, were written with a marker. And suddenly, a roar of laughter errupted from around her.

She could feel (Y/N) smirking at her from a distance, everyone was praising her for what she did. But Hermione didn't want to give her the satisfaction of seeing her reaction. So she rushed out of the crowd and made her way to her first class, trying to brush it off.

Control freak.

She felt tears brimming in her eyes, but she wasn't going to allow this to affect her, she was used to being called those stuff anyway. She realised she had Transfiguration first, so so great.

Hermione reached her first class and sat down. She made sure to give (Y/N) a sweet sarcastic smile when the Slytherin entered, trying to show that she was unaffected, feeling satisfied when the latter's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

(Y/N) sat down behind her just like always, feeling bewildered as to why her plan didn't work. She spent the entire time trying to irritate the girl on front of her, drumming her fingers on the desk, bouncing her leg more than usual, occasionally pulling Hermione's hair, but she'd recieve no reaction whatsoever.

The Slytherin smiled to herself when she thought of an idea for their tutor session in a few hours.

Hermione plucked up the courage to still tutor (Y/N). She made her way to their usual spot in the library, freezing in her spot when she finds the Slytherin with company, making out with whoever it was.

(Y/N) had hoped that this little act would push Hermione away and force her to leave her alone. But no. The Gryffindor merely gave a loud cough, using her Head Girl privileges to send the other girl away.

Hermione plopped herself next to (Y/N), feeling the latters eyes boring onto her in a curious manner. "Lesson three," she began like always.

"Why are you still here?" queried (Y/N), staring intently at the Gryffindor. "It can't be because of the extra marks. I embarrassed you, I humiliated you, I irritated you. All on purpose, yet you're still here." she listed, her confusion only growing.

Hermione let out a sigh as she fluttered her eyes close, bringing her finger to her temple, massaging it. "Cause I know you didn't do all that for no reason. You did it because I asked you about—"

"Yes. But you're still here. Even after everything." interrupted (Y/N), her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I saw you," admitted Hermione quietly, fluttering her eyes open. Her cheeks flushed lightly as she recalled the memory. "By the lake. I was trying to clear my mind after you stormed off, then I saw you there. I saw how angry you were, I saw more than what you display on front of me, and on front of others."

"You don't have to put up an act, you know? Or atleast you don't have to keep it all to yourself. Misery loves company after all." she finished off.

(Y/N)'s pupils blew a little when Hermione looked at her with a warm, gentle smile. Despite all that she did to push this girl away, here she was, reaching out to her.

"The question you asked yesterday," began (Y/N) with a deep breath, breaking off their eye contact. "The reason I transferred to Hogwarts is cause I wanted a new start, I hated the version of me at my old school. I hated it so much that I cut myself, self-harm." her voice began to shake a little.

"And then when you called me an asshole," she went on, laughing a little now. "It reminded me of how much of an asshole I was." she admitted, biting her bottom lip as she recalled the memories. "I wanted to leave it all behind. I'm trying."

"And that's all that matters." hummed Hermione softly, her gaze sympathetic and understanding. "As long as you're trying." she smiled softly.

(Y/N) couldn't help but take in the girl's features as she began their lesson. She's always been pretty, even from the first time I saw her. But this new softness that she was unfamiliar with, was so much more attractive. She was used to the hostile, teasingly seductive Hermione. This gentleness tugged her heartstrings.

But (Y/N) averted her attention back to the lesson and continued eating her red gummy bears that Hermione had left her.

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

how am i doing i havent wrote in so long