30: Train Thoughts

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

"Can I get a chocolate frog?" requested Ron to the Trolley Lady, being handed one as he gave a few sickles. He slid their compartment door close and unwrapped his sweet, munching on it as he plopped down next to his girlfriend. "Anything interesting on there?" he queried, looking down at the Daily Prophet in the girl's hands.

Hermione gave a hum. "The International Confederation of Wizards arranged a new Quidditch programme for all magic schools." she informed. "Each school's official team will compete against their opponent's school, and vice versa."

"That's actually really cool." chimed Harry with wide eyes, his interest as the Gryffindor Quidditch captain piqued. "I reckon I should plan new drills for us to prepare.. which schools are competing?" he queried.

"There's Beauxbatons," Hermione began to read out the list of options. "Durmstrang as well, obviously. Mahoutokoro in Japan, I'd love to go there. Castelobruxo in Brazil, Uagadou in Uganda." she listed, and suddenly her eyes went wide at the last name.

"Ilvermorny in America."

(Y/N)'s school. Her heart skipped a beat.

"I fancy going to Japan." conversed Ron, taking the Daily Prophet from his girlfriends hands. "How about it, Har?" the raven-haired boy's lips pressed to a rather thin line, although they were bestfriends, Harry wouldn't really pick the ginger for their official Quidditch team.

The thought of (Y/N) entered her mind once more. Hermione came to the conclusion that with the distance between them, she'd be able to forget and move on from the latter. She knew if she saw (Y/N)'s pretty face, her knees would betray her like they always did.

This programme was dangerous for her heart.

Her eyes averted to the train's window, watching the rain pour harshly. The grey cloudly scenery reminded her of a certain Slytherin. It was gloomy, quite intimidating with it's harsh thunders and lightnings. But at quiet moments, you find comfort in the way the rain falls, the pattering sounds quite melodic.

There were a few changes today, you know?

For the first time in a while, a different pair of lips met mine. Not foreign, but more of forgotten since I've got used to your pair. It felt cold and I had no desire to keep it going.

Ron's hand landed on my thigh and I got startled, nearly jumping in my seat. You should've seen the look on his face.

He rested his head on my shoulder, his chin on my collarbone. Through the fabric of my sweater is that purple love-bite that you gave me ages ago.

I yearn for healing.

I must let go.

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-