Hueningkai's POV | 1

NOTE: (How everyone knows each other):
• Soobin is dating Lea
• Yeonjun is dating Beomgyu
• Huening, Soobin, and Beomgyu were childhood besties
• Huening, Lea and Soobin have known Yeonjun since high school, and they met him through Beomgyu

____

*Hueningkai's POV*

It was late in the evening, and I was coming home from work... the fucking convenience store. I walked up to the front porch, unlocked the door, and stepped inside.

"Did you hear back from them yet?" Asked Lea.

"Oh, and you never told me how the interview went!" Added Bahiyyih.

Oh yeah, I had applied as a software developer at Samsung. Big corporate job, and it's high in demand. That's why I was so shocked that I actually heard back from them.

(Author's note: This story does not connect with
'Maybe I Don't Hate You.' Hueningkai becoming a software developer in both stories is a complete coincidence.)

"I actually did receive an email from them today!" I said, taking off my shoes at the door. "And guess what!" I exclaimed, making this gay-ass awkward, stupid looking pose.

"Oh my god!" Screamed Bahiyyih. "This is so exciting!"

"How?" I cackled. "I'm the one who got the job!"

"Now, you no longer have to work at that shabby convenience store. It was obvious that you hated it, but you always tried your best to pretend that it was all okay."

"Thennn," interrupted Lea, "you'll be able to buy a car, and finish up paying off that apartment, and I won't have to waste all my fuel on Hiyyih."

I'm so excited. I've been saving up and doing research on this really nice apartment that's closer to where I'm about to start working. I've been living here at my parents' house for wayyyy too long. While I enjoy my family's company, I would love to live my own life, and thrive on my own... you know, to figure myself out. I should be able to start moving in by next month!

"Hey!" Shouted Lea. They glared at each other, and right before Bahiyyih was about to push her, dad came out of nowhere and restrained her calmly.

"What's going on?" He asked in a fatherly tone.

"Huening got the job!" Said Lea.

"Oh, that's wonderful, son. When do you start?"

I finally took off my backpack and sat at the dinner table with the rest of them. "I have an office tour tomorrow, but I start in two days."

"They'll love you." Said Bahiyyih.

"It's a corporate office-ish job. I doubt that anyone's gonna even notice that I'm there." I sighed with a smile.

"Don't say that." Commented Lea. "Who knows, maybe you'll be the next big guy in technology... or something."

*two days later*

I'm not exactly sure what to wear. I have a few suits, gifted to me by my dad, and I have casual clothes. And then the clothes in between business and casual.

Business-casual.

I don't want to look too laid back, but I don't want to be overdressed. But... I wanna make sure to give a good first impression. I'll wear a grey suit today.

Is that too much?

I guess that's better than dressing in a t-shirt and jeans. I just don't wanna get made fun of. Especially on my first day.