Hueningkai/Taehyun's POV | 9

*Hueningkai's POV*

*the next day, gathered in the living area of Yeonjun and Beomgyu's house, they've been there for a couple hours*

"ON THE FIRST DATE?!" Shouted Soobin, throwing his hands on top of his head. He looked at me in pure shock, clearly unable to process what the youngest of the friend group had done. "HUENING THATS THE COMPANY'S
C-E-FUCKING-O!"

"..." I stared back in silence. "Nah Jun is the one who suggested to bring condoms!" I added.

"Did you even use them?" Asked Beomgyu quietly.

"...no..."

"KAIIII!" Groaned Soobin, expressing disappointment.

"Oh come on." Scoffed Yeonjun. "It ain't that bad. Coulda been worse."

"Oh yeah? How??" Asked Soobin.

"Coulda been a mafia boss or some shit." Said Beomgyu, checking his nails. "It was just a CEO." He sighed.

"Exactly." Agreed Yeonjun.

"What's gonna happen when people find out that you slept with the CEO of Samsung?" Asked Soobin, crossing his arms and slouching on the couch.

"They won't. You're just jealous that it ain't you anymore, huh?" I teased Soobin with a smirk.

"NO?"

"Fucking drama queen, Binnie, relax man." Yeonjun groaned in annoyance. "So, Hueninggie, how did the night go? Give me details." He leaned in a bit.

"Why are we so invested?" Questioned Beomgyu. All he's been doing is looking back and forth at the speakers in the conversation, like people in the bleachers watching a tennis match. He just looked lost.

"'Cause maybe for once, Kai will actually get into a relationship, and he'll stop fucking around with random men who he thinks are cute." Yeonjun said sternly. He stared me dead in the eyes, and I'm not even gonna lie, that did in fact scare the shit outta me.

"He's different..." I mumbled with a pout.

"That's what you said about the last two." Added Soobin."

"Yeah, including you. You never changed either, so you can't be fuckin' talking, Mr. Choi."

"Whoah, Huening—" Beomgyu tried to speak.

"No! I'm sick of this! I'm fucking SICK! Sick of the way you all act when I tell you about someone! I only ever see the good in people, so that means every time I think someone could be "the one," they hurt me horribly, 'cause I never expect any mal intent from them! I've been trying to keep this in for as long as possible, but that was my last goddamn straw!"

Beomgyu opened his mouth again to say something. "Hey—"

"Instead of you bitches bringing me down all the time, how about you just try to help me out or something?! Maybe if I saw the bad in everyone, I'd find "the one." Maybe of if I was just more cautious. Do you guys even care? You all found your perfect people, but I just want to feel loved by someone other than my immediate family. I'm struggling here."

"We do love you Kai..." said Soobin quietly.

"No, it's not the same." I said, getting up and heading toward the door.

"Hueninggie?..." Soobin called out to me solemnly.

"What."

"...uhh... text us when you get home... okay? The way you normally do." He concluded. "I'm sorry."

"Ugh." I grunted.