Taehyun's POV | 3

*Taehyun's POV*

This man is hella cute.

After we said our goodbyes to the cats, we exited the library and walked to my car. As we approached, I unlocked the car, and he immediately went for the back seats.

"There's stuff in the back. You're gonna have to sit up front." I told him.

"Alright." He sighed before awkwardly getting into the passenger's seat.

"We've seen each other quite a lot recently." I started. "Maybe it's a sign we should get to know each other better." I chuckled, starting the car and eventually exiting the parking lot.

"Maybe." He giggled.

I looked over at him to find him already looking back at me with this adorable smile on his face.

"Oh, sorry." He apologised, turning away from me.

"I know, I'm handsome." I said, patting his thigh. "We should hang out together sometime. I would love to get to know you better."

"What? I barely know you." He said, letting my hand rest on his thigh.

"...that's the whole point of getting to know someone better..." I told him, continuing with the drive.

"Are you tired? I asked.

"You're nosy." He replied. I could hear the smile in his voice.

"I was just asking if you were tired." I said again.

"Mhm. Yeah, I'm pretty tired."

"Did I overwork you today, Mr. Hueningkai?"

"No, Mr. Kang." He yawned. "I like working there. You do a good job keeping it all together." He said calmly.

"Thank you Mr. Hueningkai."

"Wait, I never gave you my address. I live on—"

"—I know where you live." I cut him off.

"Okay." Is all I got back from him. The rest of the car ride was silent after that.

***

"Thanks." He said once he got out.

"See you tomorrow." I said softly, almost hoping he wouldn't hear me.

As he continued walking toward his door, a tall man with dark hair greeted him with a hug. Definitely not his father; he's too young. He never mentioned he had a brother either. Is that his boyfriend?

Not that it matters of course... 'cause it doesn't... Why am I feeling a little bit jealous? I just met the damn guy.

I drive home, still thinking about him, which is kinda crazy. He gets shy easily. I won't use that to my advantage, but it'll make working with him more fun. He smelled so good too. He smelled like... Cinnamon? Yeah. Really cinnamon-y.

All my life, I've been into women, and women only. I've never even ONCE even considered being in a relationship with a man. I don't think I've ever "crushed" on one either.

But man, there's something about him.

Something about the way he walks, the way he talks, and his natural cuteness. But I'm not gay... just— why did he make me feel the way that I felt when I was around him?

I'm almost home. I'll think about this tomorrow.

No, I won't think about this at all.

Don't think about it.

Or about him.

Oh shit. 

**the next day**

"Sunghoon?" I asked, spinning around in my office chair.

"Hm?" He hummed.

Are you attracted to men?" I questioned.

"This feels like a trick question." He said in a mello voice.

"C'mon man, I've known you for years, just tell me." I whined.

"Why?" He asked. "Are you interested in someone?" He turned to me from the couch, grinning wide.

I sighed. "You know the new guy?"

"Oh fuck, for real?" He looked at me in shock.

"Listen." I said, about to justify myself. "I know, I'm shocked too... it was so sudden. But I saw him yesterday at the library, and we just chilled for a bit. Well... he was a little tense, but it was still nice... in my opinion..." I said nervously. "I uhh... I took him home too."

"Falling for him already, huh? You just met him." Sunghoon snickered.

"I know! He's just got this charm that nobody else has." I sighed.

"Damn, I thought you were straight."

"Shit, me too." I murmured.

"Hah." He chuckled. "You're not alone, man."

"Wha—"

"End of discussion!" He said, clapping his hands once. "Good talk! Hey, don't you have work do be doing?"

"Yeah, but so do you!" I clapped back.

"You're supposed to tell me what to do. I'm your assistant."

"Tell me who you fancy." I demanded.

"That information is confidential. Go, uh, flirt with that Hueningkai guy you're in love with."

"I'm not in love with him! I just think he's charming..."

"Same thing Taehyun. Same thing."

"Alright, let's go." I said.

"Let's?" He questioned.

"You're my assistant.

We eventually walked out and began our little journey out into the workspace. We walked in silence.

I made the turn to the hallway where the software developers' centre was and walked into the one Hueningkai worked in.

"Hello Mr. Kang, hello Mr. Park." They all stood up and bowed in unison."

I bowed back and began walking around with my hands behind my back, surveilling the office, you know, observing what everyone was doing. I'm bored.

Finally got to Hueningkai's area.

"You've done a lot since you've been here, Mr. Kai. Good job." I praised.

"And Mr. Kim," Sunghoon continued, "thank you for helping Mr. Kai out and making him feel more comfortable here." He smiled... that smile was a little too friendly.

I side eyed him pretty hard.

"What have you guys done so far?" I questioned.

Mr. Kim turned to face us and began giving a rundown of everything him and the rest of the team had accomplished so far.

It was so hard to focus with Hueningkai being almost directly in front of me. I kept making very subtle eye contact with him and it was so awkward. I just needed him to look away so that I could really study his facial features, and really get to appreciate them. He kept looking at me every few seconds, probably to check if I was still looking, and I noticed that his ears were bright red.

I feel like my eyes are glued to him. No matter how much I wanna look away, I can't. His eyes are too pretty, his face too captivating. On my god.

Blahblahblahbusinessstuffandboringshitwhatever...

"Good. Thank you Mr. Kim." Said Sunghoon.

"No problem!" Mr. Kim replied.

I stood up and walked over to the doorway, signaling for Sunghoon to follow.

"Everyone!" I shouted. They all brought their attention to me. "Keep it up, alright? Next week Friday is the deadline to get your presentation in for the application ideas and functions. I expect you all to ready when that time comes. Choose a spokesperson by the end of today. Thank you guys." I bowed with my head, taking one last glance at Hueningkai, then Sunghoon and I finally walked out.