3. Homecoming

Next day

Rawte mansion

Avantika looked around the maroon walls adorned with rich gifts and art pieces and sighed. She just came back to the place she once considered as her home. The place where once she was cherished and the very same place she experienced hell. The place had changed over the course of time but the memories and feelings entwined with them were still the same. She felt her heart burdened when she looked back and saw her eldest hesitating at the doorstep. What had transpired all this years back that he had to hesitate to enter his own home. She looked at the youngest who was looking around, excitement and curiosity sparkling in his eyes. She smiled but thought if only she had those adaptive skills.

Atharv true to the words was too surprised to say anything. He just felt like he had time travelled to old times and just entered a royal palace. He never thought a house could be this big too. The posh interior was shouting richness. The classy artwork sure did a number on any onlooker impressing them. But even though he was feeling many emotions there was one thing he was not able to feel. Connection. He was not able to connect to the house like he did with his old home. Even though that house was smaller in size he felt more comfortable and homely there than here.

On the other hand Abhimanyu was hesitant to even enter the house. This house had many cherished memories he had made with his brother but just like that in one span of moment everything he held dearly was shattered into pieces and they haven't found its place back yet. He looked back at his friend who accompanied him to give him support. As much as he appreciated the gesture but he looked like he would fall down at any moment. Vaibhav looked back at him and gave a tired smile. He was tired to say the least. It has been three days since he got one ounce of sleep and when he finally could he had to rush to the hospital.

Abhimanyu- "Vaibhav why don't you go back home and sleep it off, main thik hoon tujhe itni tension leni ki zaroorat nahi hai."

Vaibhav tiredly- "Nah that's fine main ander tak akar chala javunga."

Abhimanyu -"Kya yaar Viku say tu mujhe sunva ke hi rahega na. Agar usne kaha ki yaar Bhaiya toh mujhse ya Bhabhi say zyada apke saath rehte hai bhai, pagal kahika, khud daant khayega mujhe bhi khilayega."

Vaibhav didn't say anything, he knew what Maan was trying to do- he was putting up with a facade of pretence to hide his inner thoughts. He walked with him towards the centre of the large hall where both Avantika and Atharv stood. He saw Atharv looking back at him and smiled. He had seen him with his mother yesterday and the way he consoled her despite his own hurt had his heart.The way from which he looked, the boy reminded him of Abhimanyu who always kept others before him, or more like all three Rawte brothers' were just the same in that case. Moreover he had a brother of the same age so he could clearly understand what the boy was trying to hide- nervousness.

Smiling gently at him- "Hi Atharv, I know app mujhe nahi jante toh kyu na main khud hi apko apna nam bata doon, I am Vaibhav apke bhaiya ka best friend." He concluded without diving into further information.

Atharv at first gave him a shy smile but his smile turned dim when he heard 'bhaiya', he wondered if he was even allowed to call him that or if he could ever be accepted by him. Till now both of them didn't even had a talk. Talking was a large factor, they have not yet even had seen each other properly.

Atharv in a flow- "naam se toh bhaiya hai wo mere par kya main unka Bhai ban pavunga kya?"

Vaibhav who heard that statement sighed, he could feel the boy's fear but he could also understand his friends' problems. But he did not like those worry lines on his innocent face moreover the world works on hope.