28. Moments of Peace

"App surely doctor hi hona" Avantika chuckled hearing his complaints and Devansh frowned at her reaction. 

"Mumma aap ki tabyat waise bhi thik nahi hai aur aap ko humari chinta karne main lage hoon" He chided at her when he saw making food for them. Avantika sighed and wiped her hand on the dish cloth. 

"Wo bas thoda upset sa lag raha toh socha mood thik karne ke liye cooking kar leti hoon" She mumbled sadly. It's after a long time that she was siting in the house without going out for job so it was making her feel bored. With none of her son being home for almost half of the day there was nothing she could do. 

"Why don't you start working again" he softly asked her wrapping his hands around her shoulders. Avantika slightly turned around before placing a kiss on his head. 

"Try karungi par pehle sab settle ho jane de phir dekhungi" 

"Aap Lifeline hospital main try kyu nahi karte(seeing her confusion) wo us din hum gaye the na woh wala hospital" Dev exclaimed moving away from her. Avantika just nodded her head,

"Woh bohot famous hospital hai aur bohot comfortable bhi hoga"

"It doesn't matter ke wo famous ho ya nahi aur waise bhi ek hospital famous ho ya nahi importance uski honesty se hai samjha" She gently corrected him and he nodded back in understanding but then suddenly spoke back again excited.

"Ha ha wahi bhi waha par aap ko patah hai mumma aapko na doctor nahi balki lawyer hona chahiya tha" His words confused her, she silently asked her the reason behind his observation.

"Kyuki aapse koi jeet bhi nahi sakte in fact judge bhi aap hi ho aur hum teeno criminals aur victim bhi" he mumbled the last part but unfortunate to him Avantika had already heard his words. She instantly pulled his ears slightly to which he dramatically shouted. 

"Ouch ya Ma kya kar rahe hoon aap ka plan kya mera kaan badha ho jayega app ko sharam ayagi nahi badhme log kahenge ki dekho lambe kaan wali ladke ki mumma ho aap are yaar Ma yeh mera ear hai animal nahi jo aap mere kaan ko giraffe bana rahe ho ouch yaar mumma" He dramatized his pain and Avantika left his ears palming her own. She shook her head trying to remove those voices but she was sure that they have already destroyed her ear buds. She glared at her boy who just pouted at her melting her. She could never stay angry with her kids when they were acting so cute.

"Ja jake kapde badal ley main khana lekar rakhti hoon aur apni saath saath main Atharv ko bhi bulakar la" She pushed her away from there and walked away to set the table. 

"Baby Boo" Atharv jumped out of his skin hearing the voice but instantly closed his lap before his door was opened by his brother. He looked back at his Big-B and gave him a nervous fake smile. Devansh frowned seeing that smile. He knew that very well. That was one hideous smile which he gives when he know he did something which was wrong.

"Kya kiya tune" He asked him in a suspicious tone along with his dumping his bag on the floor before hoped on the bed. 

"Ku-kuch bhi toh nahi hai Big-B aap toh aise hi kuch bhi soch rahe ho" he tried to convince him but let himself forgot whom he was talking to. Dev have him a hard look.

"Tujhe abhi nahi batana fair enough but don't lie Atharv" his stern voice seemed to do its work and Atharv backed off visibly the next moment. He knew his brother was cool but he also knew when not to cross him. His mother would consider him an adult and would just scold him badly and he could save himself from their bhaiya with just one look which works most o the times but his Big-B won't mind before whacking into obedience. And the one thing he learned early was that his Big-B hated lies with passion. Was that a lawyer trait in him, he didn't knew but he knew not to lie.