12. A summary of their hearts

Atharv tapped his fingers against the table as he kept staring at the fighting duo who were hell bent creating a scene with them fighting against each other. It was not even remotely like the breaks he used to enjoy back in his home but this certainly had different fun and charms added to it.  He looked at Sakshi then at Saransh who were glaring at each other as if given a chance they will have the revenge of the torture the other one had inflicted upon them over the ears.

"Enjoying aren't you", a startled Atharv looked beside him to see an exasperated yet smirked Devika dumping her bag on the floor before sitting down. He smiled at her over the past few days and had formed a friendship with her. He had seen her with Adhiraj multiple times and slowly they formed a bond. She was the youngest on the table but she sure knew how to make an impression better than them.

Devika looked back at the siblings and sighed but the smirk certainly didn't leave her lips as she brought out her tiffin box enough for callary to have. Atharv wasn't surprised his mother was no less than that. Even she sends food which is more than enough for him and then worries the day he hasn't finished his lunch.

Devika smiled back at him generously passing him her tiffin which he denied polity. Humble much but she wasn't that humble to begin with so when he asked her back to take some from his food she gladly took it without an ounce of doubt as she filled her mouth with potato sabzi and puris.

"Umm I loved it Atharv who is the master chef behind it I feel like kissing their hands" she completed her compliments with imitations and voices which finally bought Sakshi and Saransh out of their war zone as Ansh looked at the delicious food activating the food monster in him. Atharv who saw him passed him the tiffin who took a generous amount and dumped it in his mouth.

"Eww Ansh eat properly it's just disgusting" All three of them exclaimed together making Ansh look at them with wide eyes as he gave Atharv a look of betrayal. But not even minding a bit he took another bit but this time from Devika's tiffin.  Sakshi rolled her eyes at her brother's unclean attitude. 

"Don't mind they are the same" Devika whispered leaning into Atharv who still had a look of distaste plastered on his face. He looked back and an action followed which was a combination of chuckle and sigh. 

"Well Aaj kisi ka mood bohot kharab lag raha hai na what's up" Atharv questioned her seeing her so quietly. Not like she was a chatterbox but she was certainly not a quiet girl.

She looked back at him and dramatically sighed before answering his question- "Nothing just Dada happened."

"Kya hua Devu daat pad gai kya" Atharv asked but this time in concern. With his question all the eyes on the table was on Devika as if she was going to answer a question which was going to change their life completely. All of them knew that unlike what he comes around them Adhiraj was very strict disciplinary when it was Devika in question. Had Atharv not seen him from close or had heard about him from his brothers he for sure would have been scared of him just like Ashi and Ansh. The fact that Devika was a trouble magnet did no good to either of them.

"Guys chill is baar daat nahi padi thi wo to-" she started explaining her part in offence. Why do they always think she has done something. However even before she could complete her statement a loud shout nearly gave a heart attack to the people sitting on the table or maybe to the tables near by them. Atharv and Ansh choked on the air hearing it whereas Devika just closed her ears before turning around and muttering an apology from Sakshi's side.

"Yeh kya keh rahi hai tu Devu tujhe daat nahi padi ese bhi din hote hai tere life mai kya hua Devu tu thik hai na tu bimar wimar toh nahi hai are Ansh mujhe kya bol raha hai tu ise Aaj daat nahi padi yeh aathva nahi nahi gyarva ha gyarva ajooba kaise hogaya Bhai tu- " Sakshi again complained ignoring the looks she got and complained till the time Ansh literally closed her mouth with his hands only to earn some punches. Atharv looked on shock then looked at Devika who still had her hands around her ears but her face was very chilled as if it was the most normal thing she had witnessed.