6. Changing Lives - I

Two nights later

Rawte Mansion

Eyes closed, floating in a whirlwind of emotions the feeling of existence of something she do not wish to remember challenging her institution, she sat there alone and silent. Her head throbbing due to all the detours it was taking the whole day she sat there massaging her head slightly to get rid of the pain. But sighed when she was unable to. This two days was quite tough for her as she felt the sudden anxiousness of her changing lives. The dreadful feeling tugging at her heartstrings Avantika felt utmost trepidation as she feels her life changing at a fast pace. Lost in the dense sea of desolate feelings Avantika found herself snapping out of her untidy orderless thoughts as the door silently vibrated at the gentle patting's by its owner. She went back to open the door only to welcome the warm face of Vidya. She smiled at her and welcomed her inside.

Vidya- "Avantika Bhabhi wo darasal aap ke aane ke baad hamara thik se baat nahi hua na toh isliye Mai chali aayi i hope aap ko koi takleef nahi hogi." She asked Avantika politely while passing her a cup of tea which she took gratefully.

Avantika taking a sip from the tea- "Kya aap bhi bhabhi aap kab se poochhne Lage aur waise bhi yeh chai ki abhi bohot zarurat thi."

The feeling of gratefulness seeped into Avantika as she found a stable and understanding companion in Vidya. She was the only normal thing she had left in the house. Vidya had joined the house even before she had left the home. In fact she was the one who had helped her with Abhimanyu when she was unaware about handling kids, Vidya like an elder sister supported her. She was there with her during both the kids, she had even helped her to escape the house, she took care of Dev when they were busy in court cases and Avantika could only be grateful for being there for her kids when she unfortunately couldn't. And thinking back she realised that Vidya was the only person left in the house who could lead her to the doorway of the answers she was finding hard getting onto. So she decided to confront her with the truth and finding a confident in her.

Avantika thinking something-"Waise Bhabhi mere jaane ke baad kya hua tha"

Vidya stilled slightly not knowing what to reply but then gathered herself- "Aap ka jaana aur Abhimanyu ka wapis aana toh laghbagh paas main hi tha na, yeh toh aap bhi jante hai."she paused slightly till Avantika nodded her head. Avantika knew that.

Abhimanyu was sent to hostel when he was small and Dev was a baby and he returned during the time she left. That's what she believed.

Vidya continued- "Phir kya Roz ek Naya jhagda hota tha Ghar main, aap jante the na kaise hai yaha sab fir in sab main mujhe sabse zyada dar to un bachon ke liye lagta tha Jo bado ki ladai main pis rahe hai. Pehle toh Abhimanyu bhi Devansh sey bahut kafa kafa sa rehte the pehli baar mil rahe the na par ek baar dono ki ban gayi phir dekhne ka tha bhabhi duniya chahe idhar ho ya udhar dono ko koi farak nahi padta jab tak wo saath ho tab tak to nahi", she quivered as Vidya found her own voice shaking as a aftermath of the wars of words this tainted walls of Rawte Mansion had witnessed. Avantika smiled she was happy for her kids yet there was another contrasting emotions her eyes had mirrored which got silenced behind her happiness. The turmoil of not being there for her own children who she have nurtured and promised to have their back of. She had always wanted to take them along with her but after all that happened she had to leave her children alone with a monster. She always wondered would both the kids she left behind were okay, would they have bonded or not. Everytime she tried to know the very reason for her to leave the house came back haunting her causing her to back off.

Avantika- "Thank you Vidya Bhabhi, thanks a lot mere baccho ka khayal rakhna ke liye."

Vidya just smiled but didn't say anything. She began taking care of the children because she owed Avantika and Dinesh for all that they did but with time she fell in love with those kids. They were just like her son who was lost to her forever. She had only Dinesh and Avantika to thank for. She still remembered how she entered this house. Avantika never prefered a maid in the house but she was very tired during her pregnancy and Dinesh being a loving husband suggested her to keep a maid. Dinesh was a very loving and giving man. It was actually a shame he did what all he did. Anyways when she met them she herself was in a bad situation. She had just lost her husband a month ago who sacrificed his life for the country being the brave soldier he was. She couldn't take the news well causing her miscarriage and her house almost lost to her that was when she sought the help of an NGO ran by three empathetic yet strong women- Dr Avantika Rawte, Radhika Batra and Abhishree Ranawat. That was how she met them and instantly became a family to them.