11. Friends are Family

The sunshine teased him as Abhimanyu squinted his eyes trying to remove the light and dive back with his old acquaintance - darkness. He tried bringing his hands to hide his face when felt a weigh on either of his hands. He opened his eyes slightly but closed his eyes due to the intensity. He opened his eyes after it had adjusted with the light. He turned both sides and saw his little brothers hugging him tightly. Unknown to him a small smile appeared on his face seeing them sleeping like small kids fisting their mother's dress. He bended generously and gave a slight peek on his youngest's head earning a smile which he was sure had just brightened his entire day. He turned on the other side and repeated his actions earning another smile. He gently took out his now aching hands from his sides and tried to get up when he was stopped by their death grip. He sighed before removing their hands making sure he don't disturb their sleep. But just as he removed both their hands Atharv kept his hand back not wanting to get away from the comfort. Abhimanyu removed it when Devansh kept his hands back. Rolling his eyes he kept his hands back and tried to get up before something else happens but much to his dismay Atharv again kept his hand followed by Devansh successfully sandwich him between them. Abhimanyu annoyedly poked Devansh till he woke up irritated.

"Kya hai bhaiya aap ka chain se sone nahi doge na aap." his hoarse whisperings reached Abhimanyu's ears as gently pushed him to make a space for himself being careful of the fact that Dev doesn't falls down.

Dev- "Uth raha hoon main itni mirchi lagne ki zaroorat nahi hai GSR aap ko mujhe toh pehle se hi pata tha ki aap ko mere neend se allergy hai isiliye toh hamesha kharab kar dete ho aap."

Abhimanyu rolling his eyes- "Aru tu jese khumbkaran ki tarha sota rehta hai uska kya." It was not unknown that Devansh was very deep sleeper also he can sleep anywhere at any given time. And much to Dev's dismay he was the only one who slept like a log and none other than him had that habit. 

Devansh shot him an irritated glared and went back to sleep but got up annoyed when Abhimanyu patted his shoulders again.

Abhimanyu- "20 minutes is all that you have wake this kid up and get down in twenty minutes I don't want you guys getting late slip on the very first day. 

Devansh shook his head stubbornly he was not getting up from the bed and trading his sleep for anything. Abhimanyu tried to perused him peacefully but ended up giving him a glare which finally worked on the stubborn boy. Abhimanyu left his room and a sulky Devansh woke up Atharv who just nodded at him and rushed to freshen up leaving behind a super sulky brother. Why cant he just lay back and sleep at least he would have got some support but unable to fight the war alone he left to freshen up himself. 

Abhimanyu humed the song as he worked through the kitchen making a mess of it successfully. All he had to do was reheat the already cooked food. Avantika had made food for two days for their convenience. But even reheating it up seemed a hercules task. After what seemed like an hour he finally set up the table as the kids ran to the dining table with their singing stomach. He served them food and continued to give what was the tradition of Rawte mansion.

Abhimanyu- "Lo yeh lo eat this and listen both of you aaj tum dono ka first day hai school and your collage ka remember I can't be there with you so any problem talk to the teacher but dare to get into a fight and dare I get any complaints it won't end well yeh Ms. Sethi ney bheja hai tum dono ke liye so boys enjoy but play by the book okay. "

Both of them nodded their head like an obedient students they definitely aren't. 

Atharv leaning into Devansh whispering- "What was that."

Devansh- "Prep talk tha."

Atharv cocking his brows- Aise prep talk kon deta hai"

Devansh pointed at Abhimanyu stealthily before digging back into his food. Atharv shook his head thinking his brother was very weird and is certainly wired differently.