Mending (2/2)

Here's the second part of this one, I had promised it for NY but it took me a little more time than expected.

Happy New Year to all my readers ! ✨️🧿❤️

.....

After a quick wash up, Eda knocked on her daughter's bedroom door, and walked into it. She found Kiraz in bed, wrapped in her duvet.

"Kiraz ? Annecim..." Eda called out, she knew Kiraz couldn't be sleeping so early.

She sat by her bed as Kiraz ignored her, putting her blanket further over her frame.

Eda reached for her small shoulder with a hand. "Kiraz, I know you're awake." She said with apprehension in her voice.

"Go away!" Kiraz grumbled painfully under her duvet.

"Remove this from your face, you'll suffocate." Eda felt terrible, and could only pull on the edges of the duvet.

"I don't want to. And I don't want you, go back to your baby!" Kiraz sobbed angrily and Eda's heart tore.

"You're my baby too bebeğim, benim tatlı kizim, Anne is sorry, I shouldn't have raised my voice like that. Come on, come out of this blanket and give Anne a hug." Eda prompted sweetly.

"No. You're here just because Baba asked you to, you don't love me like you love that new baby." Kiraz's tiny sniffs made her heart hurt.

"That's not true. Anne loves both her babies equally, I love you so much Kiraz, you can't even imagine how much." Eda poured with love, tender hands reaching for her back through the duvet and stroking it.

"You don't." Kiraz stated in stubborn hurt.

"I do bebe, you know, your brother is a baby, he is so small, he needs Anne more. You're a big girl now, and such a good girl, Anne is so proud of you and knows you can do it all on your own." Eda spoke with love, trying pedagogy, she leaned to finally remove that duvet from Kiraz's head, and her heart broke at her puffy eyes full of tears and red face. She kissed the top of her head but Kiraz shifted her head away.

"No. Don't touch me." She flinched away from Eda who painfully looked at her.

"I know I hurt you, I shouldn't have bebeğim, maybe I was tired. Gel, gel, don't make Anne cry too." Her eyes welled.

"You always saw me as a burden, didn't you ?" Kiraz cried.

"Hayir, asla Kiraz. I always saw you as my most precious gift, why are you thinking this way ?" Eda asked in shock.

"You didn't even tell Baba about me, were you ashamed of me ? I was your bad little secret, an unplanned problem for you. While that baby, you're so proud of, you show it off to everyone, you and Baba both love it." Kiraz sobbed.

Eda was dumbfounded in shock, had Kiraz grown too fast or had she overheard things, wasn't her little girl. "Kiraz... it wasn't like that. Yes the contexts in which I had you and Alp are different, but I wasn't ashamed of you. You weren't a problem, sacmalama." Eda shook her head, reaching for Kiraz's hair.

"Then why didn't you and Baba welcome me like this baby ? There's no picture of me and Baba and you together when I was born, there's a dozen of you both and that new baby all over the house." Kiraz breathed.

"Annecim, we have pictures of you too around the house." Eda shook her head in incomprehension.

"Not as a new baby." Kiraz countered.

"Evet, ama you're there for many other things, moments that are so special to us, like our wedding, you're all over those pictures. Alp's not there, but you'll forever be part of that." Eda stroked her temple and kissed her head but Kiraz flinched again.