-- Season 4 -- Chapter 7: Your Worst Nightmare

Nightmare continued to move higher and higher up the tower at a slow and steady pace, taking his time to think as he walked.

Behind him, the 'ding!' of an elevator was heard as Swordkil made it to him. However, Nightmare didn't even notice. Something else was on their mind, distracting them.

'Why is he coming here...?' Nightmare wondered as he closed his eyes, remembering what it was that he saw.

Nightmare had seen something that was hard for him to explain. There was one more Sans that was about to arrive. This one was very different from all of the others.

A paint-stained face and two different colored eyes surrounded by black... A giant paintbrush in their hand and vials of paint strapped to their chest. Everyone knew exactly who this was. Everyone except for maybe Sans, at least.

"Ink..." Nightmare muttered as he opened his eyes. "What are you up to, exactly?"

Swordkil chose this moment to strike. He lunged forward, a blade at the ready.

"Hm?"

Nightmare turned his head towards them, and Swordkil's eyes began to shake.

"What in the...?" he said in a trembling voice. "What are you...?"

"Me?" Nightmare asked as a tentacle came out of his shoulder, flinging towards Swordkil and slamming them into the ground.

Swordkil coughed out blood as he weakly lifted his head. He wasn't sure why, but the sight of Nightmare alone was all it took for him to want to run away. He wanted to run as far away from Nightmare as possible, to escape from him.

However, right when he was about to get up to run, the tentacle wrapped around his neck, lifting him into the air.

Swordkil clawed at the tentacle, trying to free themselves. Their body was aching, and they could feel the pressure on their windpipe increasing.

They soon came to a terrifying realization... Nightmare wasn't just trying to give them a scare. No, he was actually going to kill him.

His arms began to feel weak, and he soon stopped trying to rip through the odd tendril.

He gazed at Nightmare with a face filled with fear. He knew what his fate would be. He would die and be forgotten.

'All I wanted,' he thought as his vision began to blur, 'was to leave my mark...'

When he was a kid, Swordkil tried to make it into the hero course. However, no matter how hard they tried or which school they went to, they couldn't do it. They weren't good enough, and they had no hope of making it big in the hero world.

So, they turned to villainy. They thought that they'd do better as a villain, but now they were face to face with death, and they still hadn't done anything of value...

He left his family behind and embraced the dark.

"Sorry..." he said as he walked out the door, leaving his parents and siblings to go search for an opportunity, "but this is my path."