Aftermath

*Bang*

With one final shot, the last Cybots in the area was destroyed by Tanaka.

"Alright that's the last of them" Tanaka said as everyone celebrated from their victory.

"Ai-chan, please tell me that device helped with repairing the portals."

"Scans show that it did but not completely, now the time frame for invasions is one time after a week instead of every two days and the quantity will be back to regular instead of what happen today."

"Awesome, anyone injured or killed?" Lincoln asked.

"Well we got several officers and soldiers that were hurt but none that's life threatening or critical so they'll pull through and luckily no casualties thanks to you" Kenshi said.

"That's great and all but I appreciate if you don't say anything about luck in front of me."

"Uh yeah sure but why?"

"If you look up his family's name you'll find out but be warned, it's deep" Tanaka said.

"Anyways, we should head back to the station to get the device and get it to my base so that Riku could study it can you handle the clean up with this."

"Yeah, me and the boys will handle it but you should know that the scientists back at central will put the project on hold to study whatever is left of the bodies and weapons of both Synthoid and Cybot."

"I would be surprised if they didn't, Tanaka, mind if I ride along with you?"

"Sure, let's move."

"Alright... *realizes the one thing that slipped his mind while fighting*... wait hang on a sec, has anyone seen a phone around, I was on a video call before the whole fight started."

"Found it! I think." a random officer said.

Lincoln walked to the officer and sees that it really was his phone but the screen was slightly cracked and the call with Ronnie Anne had ended.

"Thanks."

*Meanwhile in Great Lakes City*

"Sid, why did you end the call?"

"Because I realized that this was what Lincoln needed to tell us even when he wasn't ready."

"What do you mean?"

"Lincoln had a secret he was trying to tell us and also had a plan on how to do but he didn't realized that we were watching him transform and fight those monster. All this time while he was in Japan he's been fighting these monsters by himself and knowing him he probably didn't want to tell us because he cares and love us too much and if we know we would get involved."

"He would only keep secrets from us only to protect us but it would slowly kill him on the inside."

"Exactly, when things calm down for him and calls back it's our job to make sure that he knows that everything will be fine by letting us and only us know about his new role over there."

"Is it really alright though?"

"Babe, you saw Lincoln fight an army of monsters alongside with multiple officers and soldiers armed with lasers and we saw him take on five big hitters solo so maybe he has people supporting him when he's already so powerful."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Lincoln will call back and I'm sure he'll explain everything but until then we have to be patient and supportive."