chapter one

a/n: just before u read, some things you should know: olivia is VERY extroverted. paisley is the opposite. so don't be surprised if olivia is rlly comfortable talking to people she's never met

CHAPTER ONE

lego death star

lego death star

"IF we aren't about to be the coolest girls at this school, I don't know who is." Olivia smiles, "Paisley Caitriona and Olivia Moon. Partners in crime."

Paisley sighs, "I don't know. We're new here, what if we don't make any friends?"

"Here!" Olivia says, "I'm gonna find us a friend right now."

Her eyes scan over the hallway, as she sees a group of girls.

"Bingo," Olivia says, grabbing Paisley's hand and dragging her over, "Hi!"

"Hey," One of the girls says, "Are you new here?"

"Yeah," Olivia nods, "I'm Olivia, this is Paisley."

"Cool," The girl smiles, "Well, I'm Liz. It's cool to meet you guys."

Paisley tucks some hair behind her ear, "You too."

"Can I see your schedule?" Liz asks, but doesn't wait for Paisley to respond, snatching the schedule from her, "Ah, we have PE together."

Olivia raises her eyebrows, "We'll see you around, right?"

"Totally," Liz replies, "If you need someone to show you around, we're your girls."

"Thanks," Olivia beams as the girls walk away, "Bye."

Paisley raises her eyebrows, "Alright. Maybe I should've given you the benefit of the doubt."

Olivia walks with Paisley past the other kids, but halts in her tracks when she hears the words 'lego death star'.

"So lame," A cheerleader mutters.

"Fuck off," Olivia says, raising her middle finger at them, "Don't listen to them, that sounds sick."

The two boys discussing this Lego Death Star are a boy in a purple hoodie and a boy in a blue sweater.

One of which looks completely stunned.

"Is he alright?" Paisley points to the boy in the blue sweater.

"Yeah, he's fine," The boy in the purple hoodie says, "Girls just don't talk to us."

Blue Sweater widens his eyes and hits Purple Hoodie on the arm lightly, "Dude!"

"How many pieces?" Olivia asks.

"Three thousand eight hundred and three," Purple Hoodie responds.

Olivia raises her eyebrows, "I know we just met and I don't know your name, but can I help build it, because that shit sounds awesome."

"We need as much help as we can get," Purple Hoodie nods, "I'm Ned, this is Peter."

"Olivia," Olivia introduces, "This is Paisley."

Olivia is tempted to entertain the conversation further, but realizes they're by her first class, and quickly rushes off.

Paisley does the same, headed for Chemistry.

Right as she steps inside, the teacher calls her out.

"Ah," The teacher smiles, "You must be Paisley... what was it?"

"Paisley Caitriona," She says.

"Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?"

"Not particularly--"

"Everyone, we have a new student!" The teacher calls.

"Er..." Paisley begins, "My name is Paisley. I've just moved here from Wisconsin. I... used to play hockey."

There's deafening silence before the teacher finally speaks again; "Alright, uh... you can sit next to... Peter!"

Peter quickly looks up from his notebook, "Er... what?"

Paisley walks over and sits by Peter, but she can't help but be curious about what he's doing in the drawer in his desk.

He quickly shuts it, confusing her even further.

•••

"Is the new girl really pretty?" Peter questions, "Or is it just me?"

"Which one?" Ned asks, "I mean, I guess they both are."

"I meant... Paisley." Peter says, staring at her from afar, "I should probably stop staring before it gets creepy."

"Too late," Michelle Jones says, "You guys are losers."

"Then why do you sit with us?"

"Because I don't have any friends."

•••

"Peter's not going to Washington," Someone says, making Paisley look up.

"Why is everyone going to Washington?"

"The Academic Decathlon," Olivia whispers, "It's this thing where they try to see what school is the smartest or something? I don't know, it's for nerds."

"Wait, what?" Cindy, a member of the team says, "You have to go, Peter."

"Right before nationals?" Liz gives Peter a look.

"He already quit marching band and robotics club," Michelle says, "I'm not obsessed with him, just observant."

"Or someone's crushing..." Olivia says in a singsong-y tone.

"Please," Michelle scoffs, "Me and Parker? That actually sounds like something that would happen in one of my nightmares. Besides, I don't like... men." She declares with a repulsed look on her face.

"Touché," Olivia raises her eyebrows.

"I hate when people say that."

"Only makes me want to say it more."

"Why can't Peter go?" Paisley asks.

"I have an internship," Peter says, "With...  Tony Stark."

"Sure he does," Flash Thompson rolls his eyes.

"Wait, what? Tony Stark?" Paisley widens her eyes, "Isn't that--"

"Total bullshit?" Flash questions, "Yeah. It is."

"I was going to say Iron Man." Paisley raises her eyebrows.

"Yeah," Flash nods, "That's why it's bullshit."

A/N: erm yes so if there's any questions pls ask now
807 words