chapter ten

CHAPTER TEN

boh (i don't know, get out of my face)

VENICE, Italy. Now that they've arrived at their first destination, it's less surprising that Ned has a girlfriend already, and more surprising that Olivia didn't shove Brad out of his seat herself.

"What the hell?" Olivia narrows her eyes, "You and Betty? You sat next to each other for, what, nine hours? And you're calling each other babe? Paisley and Peter have barely started calling each other friends!"

Ned shrugs, "That's just how love works, Liv. You'll never see it coming."

"Babe?" Betty calls.

"Coming, babe!"

Olivia sighs, walking away with her luggage.

•••

Olivia has succeeded in getting the black dhalia necklace, but is almost caught by Michelle as she walks up right behind her.

"Boh." Michelle says.

"Boh?" Olivia furrows her eyebrows.

"Boh," Michelle nods, "Italians created it and it's my favorite word ever."

"What does it mean?" Olivia asks.

Michelle begins walking with her, "That's the thing. It can mean a million things. It can mean 'I don't know', 'Get out of my face,' 'I don't know' and 'Get out of my face,' 'I don't know, comma, get out of my face.'"

"That does sound like your kind of word," Olivia concludes.

An Italian person walks up, attempting to offer them something.

"Boh." Michelle answers.

The Italian looks offended as he walks away.

"Holy shit," Olivia widens her eyes, "You weren't kidding."

"It's like the anti-aloha," Michelle says, "I was born to say this word. What's in the bag?"

The necklace.

"Boh."

"Nice."

The water below the boats that everyone sits in begins to bubble, then rise, but not in a normal sort of way, in a particularly alarming way, but nobody can consider that it's strange until the water in the ocean all shot up, forming a creature-- made entirely of water.

Olivia instinctively looks to Peter and Paisley, who have already rushed to Ned.

'What the fuck,' Olivia mouths.

Paisley just shrugs, looking back to Peter, "Where's your suit?"

"I may have left it in the hotel," Peter scratches the back of his neck nervously.